Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to one of the local dealers last week and looked at the 2009 Elements. I told the Salesman that I was concerned about the rumored discontinuation of the Element for 2010. He immediately called his sales manager and was told (by the Mgr) that he had already planned to order Elements for 2010. The Manager said that there was NO indication that the Element would be discontinued for 2010. The salesman added that they had plenty of warning about the S2000 and felt that Honda would have already notified them if the Element would not appear in 2010. I hope this is true. We'll probably start seeing 2010 lineups from most Manufacturers after 4th of July.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I went to one of the local dealers last week and looked at the 2009 Elements. I told the Salesman that I was concerned about the rumored discontinuation of the Element for 2010. He immediately called his sales manager and was told (by the Mgr) that he had already planned to order Elements for 2010. The Manager said that there was NO indication that the Element would be discontinued for 2010. The salesman added that they had plenty of warning about the S2000 and felt that Honda would have already notified them if the Element would not appear in 2010. I hope this is true. We'll probably start seeing 2010 lineups from most Manufacturers after 4th of July.
Honda has already previewed the "Dog" version of the 2010 Element !!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here Doggy

Honda has already previewed the "Dog" version of the 2010 Element !!!!!!
I didn't really buy it that the "Dog Version" was an official 2010 model considering how early it came out. I thought Honda might have been throwing potential owners "a bone" in the form of a few pet-oriented trinkets to sell off remaining '09 models prior to discontinuation of the Element. Anyway, I'm fairly optimistic at this time that Honda is bringing back the Element for 2010. I am not an Element owner at this time but hope to be by next fall. Now, if only they produce some great colors for 2010...

Lmint

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I didn't really buy it that the "Dog Version" was an official 2010 model considering how early it came out. I thought Honda might have been throwing potential owners "a bone" in the form of a few pet-oriented trinkets to sell off remaining '09 models prior to discontinuation of the Element. Anyway, I'm fairly optimistic at this time that Honda is bringing back the Element for 2010. I am not an Element owner at this time but hope to be by next fall. Now, if only they produce some great colors for 2010...

Lmint
The greatest color (SOP) has been discontinued...........sorry about your luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
From what I've been told by my dealer (both salesperson & sales manager), 2009 will be the last year for the Element. If it isn't that's outstanding...if it is, you better buy that 2009 now ;-)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Why would they "redesign" a car only to discontinue it?? Remember how hush-hush the '09 was? We would hear more if the '10 was canned. Just like he said about the S2000.

Also jeffwyeg, I see you just bought an '09. I'm pretty sure that was a sales tactic. And it looks like it worked. Just glad it worked to get you to buy another E ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a salesman from a major dealership telling me the Element is done and being replaced by an Accord/Civic AWD wagon. Feeble sales tactic or rumor blasting? I've searched and can find nothing to support this, aside from the Accord wagon that we'll probably see next year (apparently already out elsewhere)

Any insight...? I've pretty much made up my mind on the Element but would like to know what I'm working with before I walk into any dealership. I've also noticed very few used models avail. which I guess is a good sign.

·
12,180 Posts
I have a salesman from a major dealership telling me the Element is done and being replaced by an Accord/Civic AWD wagon. Feeble sales tactic or rumor blasting? I've searched and can find nothing to support this, aside from the Accord wagon that we'll probably see next year (apparently already out elsewhere)

Any insight...? I've pretty much made up my mind on the Element but would like to know what I'm working with before I walk into any dealership. I've also noticed very few used models avail. which I guess is a good sign.

The is an Accord based crossover coming this fall but it will not be replacing the E.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just told the same thing today...

I just traded in my 2004 Element on a 2009 Element. First time in my life I've ever bought the same make/model of car twice! The 2004 was a DX base-model with front-wheel-drive and no ABS, and I had the opportunity to buy a new 4WD EX.

At any rate- the dealer told me the same thing this morning as the original poster noted- "2009 is the last year." Could just be a shady sales technique, since it made me want to jump on the "last one". I had two dealers tell me they were out and couldn't order more before I found this one, and I bought the last one this dealer had. (Verified online, so I'm pretty sure they weren't lying.)

I know they sold a lot of them under the CARS program, but I thought something was up when they told me they couldn't even order any more. I overheard them turn away two customers who asked for Elements- what dealer would do that if they had a choice?

It will be sad if it really is the last year- but at least I have a new one to enjoy for 200k+ miles now. :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
I just traded in my 2004 Element on a 2009 Element. First time in my life I've ever bought the same make/model of car twice! The 2004 was a DX base-model with front-wheel-drive and no ABS, and I had the opportunity to buy a new 4WD EX.

At any rate- the dealer told me the same thing this morning as the original poster noted- "2009 is the last year." Could just be a shady sales technique, since it made me want to jump on the "last one". I had two dealers tell me they were out and couldn't order more before I found this one, and I bought the last one this dealer had. (Verified online, so I'm pretty sure they weren't lying.)

I know they sold a lot of them under the CARS program, but I thought something was up when they told me they couldn't even order any more. I overheard them turn away two customers who asked for Elements- what dealer would do that if they had a choice?

It will be sad if it really is the last year- but at least I have a new one to enjoy for 200k+ miles now. :)
Congrats! I'm on my second Element so I can totally relate. :D

No need to worry, Honda already announced that the Element returns next year:

TORRANCE, Calif. –Significant news for Honda in the 2010 model year includes the introduction of the all-new Insight in March and an all-new crossover vehicle later in 2009. The CR-V receives significant updates and styling changes. The S2000 has been discontinued for the 2010 model year.

2010 Honda Element
Carryover. The Element received a significant mid-cycle update for the 2009 model year. For 2010, the Element receives no significant updates.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Thanks for posting that Maximo Park!:cool: Now I'll make sure my sales guy orders a 10 the way I want it.;-)

Drew:)

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
I got an email from Honda the other day.
Shows the new car that Maximo mentions as the
Accord Crosstour. It shows the 2010 Element
Dog Friendly version as a concept, and it also
shows the new CR-Z, replaces the old CR-X,
and the FC Sport concept car. Here is the link
they emailed to me:

http://automobiles.honda.com/future-cars/

Enjoy. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks!

Congrats! I'm on my second Element so I can totally relate. :D

No need to worry, Honda already announced that the Element returns next year:

TORRANCE, Calif. –Significant news for Honda in the 2010 model year includes the introduction of the all-new Insight in March and an all-new crossover vehicle later in 2009. The CR-V receives significant updates and styling changes. The S2000 has been discontinued for the 2010 model year.

2010 Honda Element
Carryover. The Element received a significant mid-cycle update for the 2009 model year. For 2010, the Element receives no significant updates.
Thanks for the update! It's either a sales gimmick or maybe it is just because of Honda makes their new model year announcements so late. The stock in this area, and possibly nationwide, is probably just depleted because of CARS, and they likely aren't making any more 2009s.

I'm happy in any case since I got the exact Element I wanted at a good price. I usually go through "buyer's remorse" after buying a new car- not with the Element. :)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Isn't that how a buying experience goes with the E...? When I was looking to get my E, I saw a '09 in Omni Blue Pearl... It reminded me of "refrigerator white" and I fell IN LOVE with it...!!! The kid (salesman) was telling me that it was a rare color and couldn't believe that this was one of 4 availiable in all of California but alas, it was a SC w/a Navi and I wanted what I got, an EX-RT4wD/AT(no Navi)... Oh well, PMM was the 2nd choice and I looked all over Northern Cali to get the LAST one...!

Funny how the CR-V costs more from the get-go and yet it didn't have that special "something" that made me want it... No offense to Ridgeline and Pilot owners but the E just did it for me... The best bang for your buck in a Honda truck...

Congrats and hope you have many years of enjoyment and service...!
LBD

P.S.: Rolie, that FC is pretty bad-a$$ and the seats/****pit is styled like a McClaren F-1... Danggggg... Sweet looking ride... Keep us updated when the Crosstour comes out or shoot me a PM... Thanks Bro...!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Noise?

Hey all... for those of you on your second E... I'm curious if you've noticed a reduction in road noise? I have the '05, which apparently had a considerable decrease in road noise from the previous years but it still seems like a lot to me... the safety upgrades made since '05 have me pondering a trade in '10 but maybe not if there isn't much of a noise difference? After all, like all of us, I still love the original color I bought mine in! Rallye Red!

·
Registered
214 Posts
The concept pics show the CR-Z with Brembo breaks. If there is a "Hybrid power" car with the performance that specs Brembos, I'll trade my E for it!

Edit - On second thought...the practicality keeps me in the E. I need to haul stuff and the AWD is nice with the rain and little bit of snow we get up here. If I had a three car garage and a three car job...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hey all... for those of you on your second E... I'm curious if you've noticed a reduction in road noise?
Yes, there is a significant reduction in road noise in my 2nd Element compared to my '05. (Part of it may be due to the carpeting in the SC).

P.S. Rallye Red is an awesome color!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Maximo Park... That's awesome news... and funny enough, even though I just moved to a very icy, wintery place compared to my previous location, it seems the SC would still be a great fit... I mean, my '05 RR E is the 2wd version and it's gotten me through all sorts of muck and snow, meaning; the 2wd SC could be a good "switch." Nevermind, I think they look mean! At my next oil change, I'll have to do some test driving for the fun of it...

Sure wish they'd release the specs for the '10s already! Patience is a beast.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 2010 CRV engine got a mild power boost and a slight increase in mileage (ah, efficiency). I was trying to wait to see if the 2010 E had the same engine, but it appears that its impossible to find a 2009 5MT anywhere in Texas at the moment so its a moot point - looks like I'll be getting a 2010 when they're available.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I kept my last civic for 15 years. I was considering buying a new Element next year after this one is paid off but only if they bring back the moonroof. I also love an outdoorsey color for the E ansd since khaki was only offered on '05 I may be keeping this E for 15 years.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts