Honda Element Owners Club banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
The 2010 CRV engine got a mild power boost and a slight increase in mileage (ah, efficiency). I was trying to wait to see if the 2010 E had the same engine, but it appears that its impossible to find a 2009 5MT anywhere in Texas at the moment so its a moot point - looks like I'll be getting a 2010 when they're available.
Good luck getting a 2009 OR 2010 Manual Element in Texas... I tried to buy OR order one for 5 months earlier in the year and they all were "allocated" to dealers in the Northeast.. Some did show up in Missouri and even California but I gave up in frustration at Hondas Stupid system that will not deliver a product to a willing buyer while sending cars to sit on lots Unsold for months.

I really didn't want to fly to UpState NY and drive back to Texas just to buy a car that is in current production... Honda, just sell me a car...don't make me leap through Hoops!

· Registered
306 Posts
Here ya go!

I went to one of the local dealers last week and looked at the 2009 Elements. I told the Salesman that I was concerned about the rumored discontinuation of the Element for 2010. He immediately called his sales manager and was told (by the Mgr) that he had already planned to order Elements for 2010. The Manager said that there was NO indication that the Element would be discontinued for 2010. The salesman added that they had plenty of warning about the S2000 and felt that Honda would have already notified them if the Element would not appear in 2010. I hope this is true. We'll probably start seeing 2010 lineups from most Manufacturers after 4th of July.
2010 Element-for real!

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58527

· Registered
11 Posts
just because there is a 2010 version it doesn't mean the E will continue to exist. 2010 is basically the same as 2009 and the 2009 is only a plastic redesign of the 2008... squared off fenders and a new front and rear and a few other small things, that's all. I don't understand why Honda would phase out the E but news of a 2010 being available means very little imho

· Registered
3,270 Posts
just because there is a 2010 version it doesn't mean the E will continue to exist. 2010 is basically the same as 2009 and the 2009 is only a plastic redesign of the 2008... squared off fenders and a new front and rear and a few other small things, that's all. I don't understand why Honda would phase out the E but news of a 2010 being available means very little imho
What you just said up there makes absolutely NO SENSE.

So they're going to make Elements for 2010, which would make them......wait for it......2010 Honda Elements. Right? But yet they won't exist? Explain your logic to me.

· Registered
940 Posts
:confused:

· Registered
28 Posts
Are you suggesting that the 2010 will be the last model year? No major redesign committed to by Honda, if the E were to continue? Honda will phase out the E if they only sell a couple of thousand of them per month. On the other hand there are probably people such as myself sitting on the sidelines waiting to see what the new and improved will be for 2011, unwilling to buy into a the same basic design in existence since they were released.

· Registered
3,543 Posts
Are you suggesting that the 2010 will be the last model year? No major redesign committed to by Honda, if the E were to continue? Honda will phase out the E if they only sell a couple of thousand of them per month.....
Sadly, Honda is not selling a couple thousand a month.

The past years sales:

Sep-08 1739
Oct-08 1361
Nov-08 1321
Dec-08 1336
Jan-09 1152
Feb-09 1079
Mar-09 912
Apr-09 1000
May-09 1378
Jun-09 1306
Jul-09 1516
Aug-09 1535

· Registered
11 Posts
yes what you're saying. yes the 2010 will be on sale but it didn't cost them anything to 'release' or continue the 2010 as it's basically a 2009. No new design costs. I don't think a Dog version counts... The sales numbers posted above are pretty low. They were going down before a recent increase, not sure why... btw a friend of mine was told the same as above by a Honda salesman when purchasing his 2009 last week, that the E may not be around for long, being replaced by some new cross-over... in a few years we all might be shopping for a slightly used 2010...

Are you suggesting that the 2010 will be the last model year? No major redesign committed to by Honda, if the E were to continue? Honda will phase out the E if they only sell a couple of thousand of them per month. On the other hand there are probably people such as myself sitting on the sidelines waiting to see what the new and improved will be for 2011, unwilling to buy into a the same basic design in existence since they were released.

· Registered
833 Posts
btw a friend of mine was told the same as above by a Honda salesman when purchasing his 2009 last week, that the E may not be around for long, being replaced by some new cross-over...
Sales people don't know anything. They are trying to sell you a car now. They make a lot of stuff up to get you to buy the car now.

Yes, the sales numbers appear low, but that does not mean the end of the car.

· Registered
428 Posts
yes what you're saying. yes the 2010 will be on sale but it didn't cost them anything to 'release' or continue the 2010 as it's basically a 2009. No new design costs. I don't think a Dog version counts... The sales numbers posted above are pretty low. They were going down before a recent increase, not sure why... btw a friend of mine was told the same as above by a Honda salesman when purchasing his 2009 last week, that the E may not be around for long, being replaced by some new cross-over... in a few years we all might be shopping for a slightly used 2010...
I could understand stop making it due to lack of sale, but the argument of 2010 looks similar as 2009, then 2010 maybe last year, IMHO, not a good one, because isn't it happened couple times before in Element's history, like between 2007 & 2008, & we are still driving new 2009, & 2010 is coming up? Most of car maker, included Honda, does not make significant change between couple years, & then major change 4-8 years. Some of them does make ZERO change between years. I don't understand why it is such surprise for car remain unchanged between years. :rolleyes:

· Registered
37 Posts
What you just said up there makes absolutely NO SENSE.

So they're going to make Elements for 2010, which would make them......wait for it......2010 Honda Elements. Right? But yet they won't exist? Explain your logic to me.
hahahahahahahahaha....:D just a second (wipe a tear)....ok..................... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....oooooooowned lol

· Registered
940 Posts
All the current Honda models are carry overs (san S2000) for 010 except
maybe a color or two. I'm sure this is a cost cutting moved that not
directed at just the Element.
Like the other poster stated, you can not rely what a salesman has
told you.;-)

· Registered
11 Posts
What about parts?

Hi All,
I'm new on the forum. I'm thinking seriously about purchasing an Element, and this looked like a good place to learn as much as possible about them from the owner's viewpoint.

I'm interested in this discussion about the Element not being manufactured for many more years. My main concern is the availability of parts if it's discontinued. Will this be a problem?

Incidentally, I e-mailed a Honda dealership yesterday and inquired about when they expected the 2010 Elements. He replied this morning that they already had some on the lot. Unfortunately they are 30 miles from my work, and it wasn't convenient for me to check them out today. Has anyone seen the 2010's at a dealership yet?

· Retired.
13,245 Posts
Since Honda doesn't even have the 2010's listed on the website i would tend to think the saleman might be pulling a bait and switch here. Sure he has E's on the lot....2009's. And since you drove 30 miles to see one you may as well look at remaining 2009 stock. I could be wrong....

Hi All,
I'm new on the forum. I'm thinking seriously about purchasing an Element, and this looked like a good place to learn as much as possible about them from the owner's viewpoint.

I'm interested in this discussion about the Element not being manufactured for many more years. My main concern is the availability of parts if it's discontinued. Will this be a problem?

Incidentally, I e-mailed a Honda dealership yesterday and inquired about when they expected the 2010 Elements. He replied this morning that they already had some on the lot. Unfortunately they are 30 miles from my work, and it wasn't convenient for me to check them out today. Has anyone seen the 2010's at a dealership yet?

· Registered
940 Posts
Since Honda doesn't even have the 2010's listed on the website i would tend to think the saleman might be pulling a bait and switch here. Sure he has E's on the lot....2009's. And since you drove 30 miles to see one you may as well look at remaining 2009 stock. I could be wrong....
I agree with Lizzurd, I don't think we will see any 010's until late Oct
at the earlest.

As far as parts is concerned, there shouldn't be an issue with parts
availabilities for a long time, even if 010 is the last year which no one
outside of Honda knows for sure.( even dealers)

· Premium Member
3,713 Posts
Hi All,

I doubt there are any 2010's out yet, but you never know.

As far as parts are concerned, I believe by LAW, and correct me if I am
wrong, car manufactures are required to make parts for a car for 10 years.
So if you buy a 2010 Honda Element, and that is the last year they make
the Element, Honda will have to produce parts for it up until 2020. This
may have changed, but that was the last I heard.

Im sure someone here will either verify or point out my errors.

· Banned
459 Posts
I talked to a dealer yesterday who showed me 2 '10 models that are scheduled to roll off the production line late Oct and should be on the lot early Nov. They have no 09s left but there are 2 other dealers that each have 1 so I am heading out to look at those.

· Registered
484 Posts
I talked to a dealer yesterday who showed me 2 '10 models that are scheduled to roll off the production line late Oct and should be on the lot early Nov. They have no 09s left but there are 2 other dealers that each have 1 so I am heading out to look at those.
Why don't dealerships have Elements?

The mega dealership near me has ZERO, I was looking today.

· Registered
27 Posts
Honda dealers CAN be a bit dodge. But I suppose all dealers can. And I'm sure there are plenty of awesome dealers too. And awesome salespeople in dodgy dealers.

I know in my recent search it was a royal pain to find the car i wanted. I wasn't price hunting as much as I was feature hunting, a problem with any commodity product where supply doesn't meet demand. It was the same with the MINI before it, which i bought back when there were wait lists on MINIS. I had ended up ordering it configured from the factory in order to get specifically what I wanted. In the case of the E, the scarcity was obviously due to the fact that we're looking at the weeks prior to the new model rolling out, in a market where they never shipped enough E's to meet demand anyway (region-specific)... The shenanigans I saw in trying to get me to a given dealer's lot only to find out they lied about what they had were pretty funny. They'd claim the internet database of vehicles was out of date, or that they would 'get right back to me' when I would ask for a VIN and photo before making a trek. I thought it particularly amusing because I wasn't low-balling them. I wanted the MOST features they could scare up (EX, AWD, SAT, plus extras) so as far as desirable customers go, you'd think they'd figure out it would be worth a little bit of effort. And in fact, the dealer that got my purchase is the one that made two trades to get my car from the opposite end of the state, specifically to my spec. So it's not impossible to find a reputable dealer who will work for you, but boy, it wasn't EASY.

And yes, i heard claims of 2010s on the lot even as far back as August. Invisible E's, mind you.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.