Honda Element Owners Club banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
I got an email from a local dealership saying that they have a 2010 on the lot right now. I wouldn't expect that this would be a bait-and-switch, but I wouldn't expect to see a 2010 available yet. Is it typical to see the next model year on lots before they've been officially announced?

· Registered
213 Posts
A couple of weeks ago, I had my Accord in for service in Manchester, CT. I wanted to test drive an SC, but the salesman there told me that the last SC (or Element in general) they had in stock had been sold the previous evening. He expected to get more in around mid-October. He wasn't sure of an exact date for inventory on the 2010s, but figured sometime in November, as I recall.

· Registered
533 Posts
Found Them... A ?

Honda Mall of Georgia has 4 or 5 new ones on the lot. I know one is a 2009 sc with Navi. I am not sure what the others are.
I just had to go and find these when I saw the dealer you posted.
They show to have 4 in stock: 3 EXs & 1 SC.

Here's my question:
MSRP for a 2WD A/T EX from the Honda website is 23,095.
They have all 3 of theirs listed for $24,050.

MSRP for a 2WD A/T SC NAVI from the Honda website is 26,480.
They have theirs listed for $27,435.

What are they charging $955 for on all 4 of these Elements?

I looked for something in the description that might have detailed info about accessories or extra fees. I couldn't fit it.

· Registered
533 Posts
Weirder Yet...

I was curious if it was just the Elements that were getting $955 added to the MSRP. Apparently not. I checked a 2010 CR-V and 2009 Fit Sport. They have the same $955 over sticker on them.

What could this almost $1K markup be?
I'm just very curious. I don't think I've seen anything quite like that in my 125+ mile area.

· Banned
459 Posts
they mark 'em up so that you think you are getting a deal when they mark it down.
I walked away from a deal last week for an 09 ex. they were lowballing my trade and not even wanting to negotiate. I think I'm gonna wait and see what the 10's look like. funny thing is that it would have been the 3rd honda I purchased there. even funnier is the autogenerated emails I get now from them wanting to know if I need any assistance with my trade-in.
dikheds.

· Registered
945 Posts
I do not recall the dollar amount but I know that a local dealership around here marks their price up a little just to add on pin stripes. While looking around, it appears they add the stripes to every Honda on the lot.

· Moderatorium
6,964 Posts
I was curious if it was just the Elements that were getting $955 added to the MSRP. Apparently not. I checked a 2010 CR-V and 2009 Fit Sport. They have the same $955 over sticker on them.

What could this almost $1K markup be?
I'm just very curious. I don't think I've seen anything quite like that in my 125+ mile area.
With the auto industry currently in turmoil, this is shades of the Honda dealer arrogance of the '70s and '80s. When the Japanese makes had the franchise on fuel economy and quality, many Honda dealerships would list "ADP" on the sticker - "Additional Dealer Profit". That's all it is.

· Registered
1,643 Posts
With the auto industry currently in turmoil, this is shades of the Honda dealer arrogance of the '70s and '80s. When the Japanese makes had the franchise on fuel economy and quality, many Honda dealerships would list "ADP" on the sticker - "Additional Dealer Profit". That's all it is.
Exactly! ;-)

It's what the "Fabric Protection", "Paint Protection", and "Pinstriping" is. Amost pure profit for the Dealer. I did some contract work for one of the wholesalers that provides the fabric/paint protection. Local Dealers charge almost $900 for it and usually add it to all their cars before they even go onto the lot. Cost to the Dealer? About $75. When I bought mine - told them up front I knew what their cost was on that [email protected] and I wasn't paying for it. They didn't even blink, just deducted it from their quote. :lol:

· Registered
154 Posts
Exactly! ;-)

It's what the "Fabric Protection", "Paint Protection", and "Pinstriping" is. Amost pure profit for the Dealer. I did some contract work for one of the wholesalers that provides the fabric/paint protection. Local Dealers charge almost $900 for it and usually add it to all their cars before they even go onto the lot. Cost to the Dealer? About $75. When I bought mine - told them up front I knew what their cost was on that [email protected] and I wasn't paying for it. They didn't even blink, just deducted it from their quote. :lol:

Fabric/Paint protection is a huge scam.....and they are selling you something that is INVISABLE! How do you even know it is there??????

My wife worked at a dealership where they figured their cost @ $12/car and that is if they even bothered to spray/wipe the stuff on the car.

I will not even shop at a dealer that plays that game.

· Registered
75 Posts
3rd Element (But Who's Counting)

Getting ready to trade in my 2005 EX AWD on 2009 Version while I can still get one. Had 2003 SOP EX Previously.

98K on 03
156K on 05

Gotta love these cars!!!!!!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.