Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
first off, please excuse my possibly wrong (or inaccurate) terminology, since it's sorta hard for me to explain this concern.

a couple of times over the past year, i've had a little problem starting my 2010. i mean, i'd turn the key & the engine would 'sort of' turn over, but wouldn't quite start. so i'd turn it off real quick & then turn the key again & it would start at that time. after those couple of times, i'd wondered: did i just not turn the key over hard enough or not long enough or what? one of the times though, my sister was sitting a few yards away & was looking at me real strange like 'what's the problem with your vehicle?'

i've also had many times where it would seem to take much more turning over of the engine that i thought should be happening with a 2010 (almost at end of warranty).

would you think this is something to not be concerned about since it's a rare happening, or an indication of something that might be a bigger problem in the future?

i won't have a ton of $ (or knowledge of vehicles) to deal with big problems, so i thought i'd ask this one before my warranty expires in february. (i doubt they could replicate it at honda)

thanks for any thoughts on the matter

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess when i bring it in for my problem with the passenger airbag light, i'll mention it then. is there other terminology i should be using to describe it? thanks

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
i guess when i bring it in for my problem with the passenger airbag light, i'll mention it then. is there other terminology i should be using to describe it? thanks
On a separate note, what kind of problem are you having with the passenger air bag light? It is turning on when no one is sitting in the seat? It'll go on if you drop even a small amount of stuff on the passenger seat (bag of groceries, a laptop, etc.)

[EDIT] Whoops! Never mind. I see you've handled that question in another thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts