Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i first want to thank all those who commented my other post regardingmy new element!!

so here is the question:

I ordered fogs that was written in my deal when signed the paperwork.

it was a "dealer only installed item"

so u would think that the fogs would be put in the square slots just like the open "square holes" are and one of the dummy buttons would be used on the left of the steering wheels near your knee.

Right?

WRONG!!!

So i dropped it off at the dealership and they took me for breakfast. they picked me up 2 hrs after and when i picked up the element it almost looked like they gave me a whole new bumper with round lights.

I could not believe the attention to detail for fogs.

both ends of the bumper were replaced with the new intergrated fog light bumper.

there was a new "turn signal arm" installed with fog light control.

the fogs also show they are illuminated on the dash.

all of these items tell me that this engineer was a "god" and had everything in place in case you needed them + there was a wiring harness where the techs could just plug in!!!

amazing!!!

rich

·
EOC Rank: Registered
201 Posts
so i first want to thank all those who commented my other post regardingmy new element!!

so here is the question:

I ordered fogs that was written in my deal when signed the paperwork.

it was a "dealer only installed item"

so u would think that the fogs would be put in the square slots just like the open "square holes" are and one of the dummy buttons would be used on the left of the steering wheels near your knee.

Right?

WRONG!!!

So i dropped it off at the dealership and they took me for breakfast. they picked me up 2 hrs after and when i picked up the element it almost looked like they gave me a whole new bumper with round lights.

I could not believe the attention to detail for fogs.

both ends of the bumper were replaced with the new intergrated fog light bumper.

there was a new "turn signal arm" installed with fog light control.

the fogs also show they are illuminated on the dash.

all of these items tell me that this engineer was a "god" and had everything in place in case you needed them + there was a wiring harness where the techs could just plug in!!!

amazing!!!

rich

They bumper parts are not replaced.The bumper is trimmed for the new lights to fit into and new bezels are supplied in the fog light kit.

All E's since the 2007 model year have had the fog light switch mounted on the headlamp stalk. Honda moved it their when the VSA on/off switch was placed where the foglight switch used to go.

In case you haven't seen this here is the install guide to show how the foglights are mounted.

http://tinyurl.com/yfabol2

Sorry to be the one to take the wind out of your sail....But this is all common knowledge now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts