Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had my new E now since last Monday. I'm not too crazy about the seat belt integrated into the seat. It rides pretty close to my neck. I think there are fleece-like protectors that you can buy. Do those work well, or is there something else out there?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The aftermarket anti-chafing sleeves (fleece or smooth) work OK. You can try lowering the seat height (only the seat bottom adjusts), if that doesn't cause other problems.

Thanks Ramblerdan...I'll try that. Since I see you're a moderator--I tried to delete my Royal Blue Pearl Roll Call under Image posts....only got the pic of my car deleted. Don't know how to delete the rest....thanks. Not too computer literate:|

·
Registered
562 Posts
the seatbelt shoulder pad things help. but you learn to get used to it after awhile.

·
Registered
145 Posts
A seatbelt extender works very well. Moves the anchor point across to your left and the angle across your shoulder moves away from your neck.
If you have a friend with a chevy, their parts counter has extenders and perhaps you could try one from them. They just happen to fit.
Honda are real jerks about it. They just say tough ****

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A seatbelt extender works very well. Moves the anchor point across to your left and the angle across your shoulder moves away from your neck.
If you have a friend with a chevy, their parts counter has extenders and perhaps you could try one from them. They just happen to fit.
Honda are real jerks about it. They just say tough ****
Thanks Andy...that's another good suggestion. How does the extender work...does it anchor to something??

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the pic....I'm really not too keen on that look. Think I'll stick more with the fleece like protector on the belt. But thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
295 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can try one of these.
http://www.amazon.com/Pack-CommuteM..._2?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1273790668&sr=8-2

I used one after surgery. My chest was so sensitive, I couldn't have any pressure on my chest. This thing moves the strap move to the center. Highly recommended.
Interesting idea...hmm. My biggest preference would be to leave the seatbelt as it is. I think I'll probably try the fleece thing first and see if I like that. If not, I just might try your suggestion. Thanks:)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bought some fleece shoulder pads this morning at the auto parts store, so I'll see how they work out for me. Thanks for everyone's suggestions so far. I'll give you an update down the road:sw004:

·
Registered
139 Posts
We've had the fleece pad on the passenger side for a couple of years now (the wife is very short), and works great. The only problem is that it doesn't always let the seatbelt retract fully when you exit the car so there have been a few times where the seatbelt buckle or strap gets caught in the door. Other than that, works great, especially on long trips.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We've had the fleece pad on the passenger side for a couple of years now (the wife is very short), and works great. The only problem is that it doesn't always let the seatbelt retract fully when you exit the car so there have been a few times where the seatbelt buckle or strap gets caught in the door. Other than that, works great, especially on long trips.
Yes, I've noticed that....thanks. I'm careful to make sure the seatbelt is not loose to get caught in the door.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The extender I saw (chevy) is has male and female connector on each end of a piece of seatbelt material. Total length 12 inches. Typically left connected to the seatbelt and the extender gets unlatched from the female part that is on the car next to the seat.

Andy

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So far the fleece protectors on the seatbelt have taken care of my problem!!
Thanks to everyone's input;-)

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Here is a pic of one:

[image not quoted]

Her is the site I found it on:

http://www.gtseatbeltextender.com/cart/
I've been looking for one of these and went straight to the link and ordered one from their website. Using their own charts, they claimed that the Honda Element and Honda Pilot both use the same one (wanted it for a Pilot).

The one they sent is too big to fit in the buckles on the Element and too small to fit the Pilot's buckle in. I've sent two emails back to them about it and not gotten any response back yet. $30 plus wasted.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts