Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Honda has officially revealed the 2010 Accord Crosstour Crossover Utility Vehicle (CUV), which will go on sale this Fall, competing head-to-head with vehicles like the Toyota Venza.

"Our concept is to broaden the appeal of the Accord line-up by leveraging traditional Accord strengths of fun-to-drive performance and handling while also adapting to dramatic shifts in the light truck marketplace," said Erik Berkman, VP of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. "The Accord Crosstour accomplishes that by offering a modern interpretation of a CUV while integrating the refinement and efficiency of a premium sedan."

"We know SUV buyers like the commanding view of the road that comes with a high eye-point and like the comforts of living with an SUV. This vehicle meets the needs of buyers looking for those attributes yet at the same time want an image that is different from a conventional SUV."

Honda has yet to release specifications on the model but the Crosstour will be positioned as the highest level Accord and will likely cost a $2,000 premium over sedan models. Honda promises sporty Accord-like driving dynamics along with all the advantages of a crossover, like an excellent view of the road, AWD and plenty of cargo room.

More: Report: 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour Officially Revealed on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
..."We know SUV buyers like the commanding view of the road that comes with a high eye-point and like the comforts of living with an SUV. This vehicle meets the needs of buyers looking for those attributes yet at the same time want an image that is different from a conventional SUV."

Honda has yet to release specifications on the model but the Crosstour will be positioned as the highest level Accord and will likely cost a $2,000 premium over sedan models.
Seems like a pretty steep premium to pay for a less commanding view than we get in our Elements, and the grafted on rear end looks like the work of the stylist who did the Nissan Cube and the Soul.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Seems like a pretty steep premium to pay for a less commanding view than we get in an Element.
Also a pretty steep premium for a horrendously ugly, only marginally practical vehicle.

Why are automakers in this country so damned afraid of making a wagon?

The Honda TSX Wagon is what we should have got:

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
Also a pretty steep premium for a horrendously ugly, only marginally practical vehicle.

What country are you speaking of? There are a lot of Japanese-built wagons, it's the DS American dealers who are afraid to offer them for sale. That will continue until enough Boomers turning middle age start telling the dealers that they want the body style that was good enough for dear old Dad and Mom when they were earning the dough to pay their kids' way through school.

Someone needs to have they guts to point out that under 65mph, making cars that look like gumdrops that someone sat on isn't necessary for 'streamlining'. We won't see real engineering innovation until we stop accepting curves instead of truly efficient power plants and power to weight ratios.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
One: I suppose it's a matter of opinion but I don't like the looks of it at all.
Two: Is it an optical illusion or does it have about as much ground clearance as a Ford Pinto two months after the mating season? Why bother with AWD if it'll get stuck on five inches of snow?
Three: They left the same open AC setup so it'll be sure to generate lots of expensive repairs for Honda service depts.
Four: The rear doors look like they were designed for a contortionist.
Five: I used to have a full time AWD AMC Eagle years back. It was a great car summer and winter. THAT thing is trying to be what Chrysler sold 30 years ago but it's falling way short of the mark.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
When will this ridiculous high-beltline/small-window fad go away? It's a textbook example of form not following function.

Big on the outside, small on the inside, it's the anti-Element. But they're probably right about people buying for looks instead of utility. If car buyers (guys especially) could put their egos aside and be sensible, the Element would have been a sales smash.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts

The Honda TSX Wagon is what we should have got:
I'd like to see some Accord Tourer/TSX Wagons here! :mad:

·
Registered
377 Posts
I love Wagons...

Just hate the direction this is going...http://tinyurl.com/mfyyyj.

X6, ZDX, crap. Just an excuse to raise the height and add weight with none of the functionality of a wagon with its lower height and car-like handling. One of my favorite cars was an RS4 Avant with a manny tranny. Heck, the RS6 Avant was great as well.

According to 1 of my latest car mags, however, you can special order a new 2010 E63 wagon. Sure would beat my pops old 1973 Vista Cruiser in a race, but I would love to have that car now. Some times old things are just cool.

Regards,
Greg

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Keeping the E. I think back on the introduction of the Acura RDX concept and then the release of the RDX.... what a letdown from the concept.

Hey Honda, we like the box/wagon style, please get it together and release this:STEP BUS

Love to have that bus for a daily driver!

Honda, your new Crosstour model is uglier than all past models, relinquish your decision to release this brown greasy spot on the Honda name!!!!

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I just got the "official" release in email from Honda with links to the "independent" magazine reviews and I don't understand what they wrote. It has a rear end that reminds me of the Aztek which has to be the ugliest vehicle ever produced, yet the magazine people loved it. They loved the paddle shifter. Huh? It doesn't seem to have enough ground clearance to clear a clump of slush on the road but they call it a cross between a car and an SUV. It'll be interesting to see what the crash test results are like.

Honda keeps coming up with these bad designs lately that in my book or either unsafe to drive on the road or just plain ugly (or both). When my Element finally wears out, I doubt we'll be looking at any more Honda products. Lucky for me that my E should last a good long time yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is so similar at Toyota Venza.
Sorry but is rare. I don't like

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recall the first time I saw an Element early in 2003. I thought,
"Who would want one of those?"

A few months later that "who" was me. I determined it was
perfect for a looong trip I was planning.

I still love my Element. It's the 2nd most practical vehicle I've
ever owned.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Keeping the E. I think back on the introduction of the Acura RDX concept and then the release of the RDX.... what a letdown from the concept.

Hey Honda, we like the box/wagon style, please get it together and release this:STEP BUS

Love to have that bus for a daily driver!

Honda, your new Crosstour model is uglier than all past models, relinquish your decision to release this brown greasy spot on the Honda name!!!!
Not sure what you mean that the RDX concept was drastically different than the production model: http://www.netcarshow.com/acura/2005-rdx_concept/800x600/wallpaper_0c.htm

Just the interior was different, which is true for 99 percent of concepts.. the outside basically made it to production.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts