Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
I've seen some spyshots of the crosstour and really like it; I think this is basically Honda's North American version of the Honda Stream. We have a 2007 Yaris and will be thinking about replacing it with the Honda Crosstour when it comes out...

·
Registered
539 Posts
My dad has been pretty excited about the Crosstour for a little while now. He's looking to replace his current Accord (or their minivan, since both of us kids are done with college and moved out). I'll be interested to see the details when they are fully revealed. :)

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
I liked the Crosstour better when the spy shots were showing as basically an Accord wagon.

Having went from an E to an Accord sedan i do like the basic concept of the Crosstour.

My only question is will it bring in new buyers or just steal buyers from existing Honda products.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Honda Crosstour

Interesting! I really like the look of the current Accord. I think it's a beautiful car. I wouldn't be interested in one. I bought my E for the look and room.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I really don't get these car based cross-overs. Venza, Rogue, X6, FX-50, CX-7, TriBeca.

What practical value does the additional ground clearance and headroom add to the general 4 door sedan package? They're all just AMC Eagles as far as I can tell.

A good old fashioned station wagon seems like a much more practical vehicle with a more pleasing profile/aesthetic IMO.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Honda following Toyota's lead??? I'm not one to talk though, I like the Venza believe it or not.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The Crosstour doesn't have any enhancement to ground clearance does it? It stands the same as the Accrod sedan on which it's based as far as I have seen.

This is the new packaging of wagons is all. More sport/aggressive lines but in the end, it's the ole wagon coming back around. (Nothing wrong with it, a great alternative to SUV drivers not needing the grunt of a truck.)

I don't mind the CUV craze otherwise. Not for me as I like the 3rd row of seating with a young fam of 5 but it's interesting to see what's coming out.

·
Registered
689 Posts
My only question is will it bring in new buyers or just steal buyers from existing Honda products.
Good question. With the current economy, I wonder if Honda is willing to expand it's lineup...with the Insight out, and now the crosstour, and maybe the Hybrid Sport Concept in a year or so, I wonder if any current production model is going to be discontinued. I hope it's not the Element that gets the chop!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Crosstour...

Honda Stream...

I would buy the Stream in a heartbeat! And Mugen makes parts for it so double thumbs up. I highly doubt the Crosstour is the US version of the Stream. Does look horribly like a bastard child from an Accord and a Volvo wagon.

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
Crosstour...

Honda Stream...

I would buy the Stream in a heartbeat! And Mugen makes parts for it so double thumbs up. I highly doubt the Crosstour is the US version of the Stream. Does look horribly like a bastard child from an Accord and a Volvo wagon.

You would be correct in saying the Crosstour is Accord based. The Stream is Civic based.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Interesting that they will assemble these in the same plant as the Element.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Wow, yeah, I cannot at all say I like the Crosstour. To be honest, I think it's positively atrocious. The rear reminds me of the also-positively atrocious Volvo C30 The Stream isn't too bad, though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Why do they have to call them "cross-overs". Call it what it is,.. a WAGON. I like wagons and hatches,.. most practical design of a car.
I used to love the Accord Wagon's. Wish they still made them. Sound's like they are coming back. Think I'd still take an E though.... the only thing that would make an E better would be,... ummm,.... 2 E's!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I like the Stream and the Accord Tourer. (like the Mazda5 and Mazda6 sportwagon that they're VERY similar to)

The problem with the Crosstour and other "CUV's" is that most dispense with the most utilitarian aspect of the tradition wagon/hatch - the extended, full-volume portion behind the second row of seats.

hs

1 - 20 of 40 Posts