Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got a 2010 Honda Element SC. I already started to change our bulbs to LEDs. So far we have changed the bulbs in the tail lights and the map, dome, and trunk lights.

I have always bought my LEDs from superbrightleds.com.

I am looking at tackling our gauge cluster and climate control bulbs. Seen lots of post and videos online of how to do that but I always find those done to 2003-2008 Elements.

Being ours is a 2010 SC are the bulbs in the gauge cluster different? Are those bulbs already LEDs? Is there the same number of bulbs to change out as the 03-08s? How many bulbs do I need?

Thanks for any help and info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
97 Posts
@HondaSOLO what are the benefits of going to LED? It seems like that is the first thing you are doing. Are they alot more efficient/less draining on the battery .. or is it just the brighter look?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like a more updated look. With the LEDs obviously they replace the dull yellow tint like bulbs. I like white. So that's what I'm doing is changing my interior bulbs to white as well as the exterior bulbs to LEDs. LEDs are more power efficient as well.

But if you change enough of your bulbs to LEDs you have to get a LED blinker relay so your turn signals flash a normal speed. Without it they will blink faster much like your bulbs do when they are about to go out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I like a more updated look. With the LEDs obviously they replace the dull yellow tint like bulbs. I like white. So that's what I'm doing is changing my interior bulbs to white as well as the exterior bulbs to LEDs. LEDs are more power efficient as well.

But if you change enough of your bulbs to LEDs you have to get a LED blinker relay so your turn signals flash a normal speed. Without it they will blink faster much like your bulbs do when they are about to go out.
@HondaSOLO link to relay?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts