Honda Element Owners Club banner

2010 Kia Soul

72K views 65 replies 47 participants last post by  star kitty 
#1 ·
See less See more
#5 ·
It doesn't matter how it looks because it's still a KIA!

#8 ·
Are you serious? They named a Korean car Soul? What's next the Chevy Washington D.C.?

#11 ·
The more I see it on TV the more it looks like a Mini with an extra set of doors and a fugly rear end.

#17 ·
I have a friend that owned a kia for a short time. That thing gave her nothing but problems. Spent more time in the shop than on the road. I warned her to get a Honda instead but she wanted something a little cheaper. Guess you really do get what you pay for.

#18 ·
Not a bad looking little machine...but I'm still a little shy of Kia's overall quality as they've got a ways to go to reach the level that Hyundai worked for and achieved over time.

The sliding ragtop is a nice feature and the interior layout is nice too.

#21 ·
What's the hatorade, it's definitely better lookin' then the scion & ford, I like the cube & element.

I'd take a kIA over an american car I that category any day. I love my vettes & vipers.

And for ur info, I personally have a few friends that own a kia and they have had no probs.

P.s. As far a design is concerned almost EVERY company can be gulity of it, so makinL that statement is pretty irrelevant.

#23 · (Edited)
Looks like it'd be a fun car to take to a rave or something. Slap a glow stick in the ignition and you're set.

I do have to defend Kia a little bit as well. My friend bough a Kia van (sorento?) and they were having a special and they got a free Kia Rio to go with it. It was a disgusting Mt. Dew color and I laughed at them almost daily. 5 years later, they have not had a single major problem with either car and are very happy with them. Cheap, yes, but going by what I've seen above, they seem like a decent deal for a car that you plan to drive into the ground (no resale value).

#24 ·
Is this what the '09 should have been?

A little bit of Soul.

Attachments

#32 ·
I like the rear end of the Kia Soul more than the front end which is too cute for my tastes. Obviously the Element/Scion cube shape and utility hasn't gone out of style!

Gotta give Kia credit for pursuing this market with a big image changer like the Soul. It will be interesting to compare its sales with, oh, say, the Ford Flex, a vehicle that is 30% too big for today's economy.

#33 ·
Will You Embrace The Kia Soul?

Young drivers have been flocking to Scion ever since Toyota introduced their fleet of youth oriented people movers earlier in the decade. Along with the Honda Element and the newly released Nissan Cube, these models have been embraced by drivers who love their value, room and creature features.

Kia, the Korean automaker, has until now hasn’t fielded a car that has been widely desired by new drivers. True, the Elantra and the Rio have sold fairly well, but neither model has that distinctive look, that special feel that generates buzz and attracts young buyers.

This Spring, the all new 2010 Kia Soul will make its debut, a five passenger mobile box that Kia believes will finally win the hearts of college aged drivers. This past November I was present at the car’s unveiling at the 2008 Los Angeles Auto Show and, like so many others who were there, was wowed by the Soul’s design. Now I’ve been wowed by its starting price.
Click to read the entire story from SayCampusLife

#34 ·
I went by a caravan of these about a week ago. I'd guess there were 10 or 12 of them. Looked like three or four car salesmen in each one.They were over by car row near Woodfield Mall. I'd suspect they had been into one of the paint or wrap shops over there because they all sported racing strips and checkered flag motiefs...like you'd see on a Mini Cooper.

Anyway they were pretty eye catching. Cool colors. Sorta reminded me of the old Suby Foresters in size and shape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.