Honda Element Owners Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at a 2010 and I'm trying to figure out the differences between the LX and EX versions. Doing a comparison on Honda's website brings up three main differences that I can tell. Price, original wheels (steelies vs aluminum) and the stock stereo.
Has anyone shopped these in person close enough to explain what else makes up the 2-3K difference? From all I've read and everything I can tell there aren't any other differences, but I want to know for sure.
Any help is appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I've been looking at a 2010 and I'm trying to figure out the differences between the LX and EX versions. Doing a comparison on Honda's website brings up three main differences that I can tell. Price, original wheels (steelies vs aluminum) and the stock stereo.
Has anyone shopped these in person close enough to explain what else makes up the 2-3K difference? From all I've read and everything I can tell there aren't any other differences, but I want to know for sure.
Any help is appreciated, thanks
This has been debated many many times here before. Search for the EX v LX threads and you will find a rat tail of threads... I bought an EX because it adds functional as well creature comfort features that could not be bought for three times the differential amount..... As for the differential to the Navi, I think that is too much $$$ but then again you can get a rear view cam...

·
Registered
25 Posts
This has been debated many many times here before. Search for the EX v LX threads and you will find a rat tail of threads... I bought an EX because it adds functional as well creature comfort features that could not be bought for three times the differential amount..... As for the differential to the Navi, I think that is too much $$$ but then again you can get a rear view cam...
One minor thing that people forget is that the water-resistant fabric is ONLY on the front seats in the LX, while the EX has this fabric front and rear. For me, that alone is worth it! The detachable cooler is pretty cool too as is the overhead console.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*The List

I understand that this topic has been widely discussed before, but since some of the options change from year to year and I was asking specifically about the newest model (which, at this time is the 2010) - a list of changes/differences is actually what I was looking for.
Anyhow, since this is an informational forum to educate people that have Element related questions, I’ll go ahead and finish answering my original question with the list, so the next guy can find the answer more easily that I did. I do have to admit my own laziness because this information can be found on Honda’s website under the “vehicle specifications” tab.

Here is the list of differences between the LX and EX trim levels for the 2009-10 Element
*The difference in price (MSRP) between the models (according to Honda's website) is less than $2,500.
FYI: this does not include destination charges, dealer fees, taxes or license or other added fees.

LX: 16” Wheel Covers
EX: 16” Aluminum Wheels

LX: Standard Exhaust
EX: Chrome Exhaust Finisher

LX: Standard 4-speaker Radio
EX: Upgraded 7-speaker Radio w/ front subwoofer
*Note: The LX has a bottom storage compartment where the sub location
*Note: The Ex does not come with the Navigation unit, but has the option to upgrade

LX: No MP3 Jack or XM Radio option
EX MP3 jack (included) and XM Radio options available
*Note: The EX model also has CD Text display standard
*Note: The EX model also has ambient console lighting with Navigation option

LX: Steering Wheel “Cruise” Controls
EX: Steering Wheel “Cruise, Radio, Navi” Controls

LX: Standard ceiling
EX: Overhead storage compartments and map lights

LX: Front 12-V Outlet
EX: Front and Rear 12-V Outlets

LX: Standard Seat
EX: Driver & Passenger Seat back pockets, bungies and arm rests

LX: Standard Visor
EX: Visor with Vanity Mirrors

LX: Standard Instrument Panel
EX: Standard Panel with Exterior Temperature Indicator

LX: Front FXC Seats
EX: Front and Rear FXC Seats

LX: Floor
EX: Removable Center Console Cooler

All told, they are mostly creature comforts. And you can live without a some of them, maybe all of them. But, for the minimal difference in price and big difference in ammenities, I (personally) think it is worth upgrading to the EX. Unless, you are going completely utilitarian in which case you probably aren't even reading this. Happy Shopping - No matter what, you'll get a good one!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The specs listed above should be for the 2009-10 Element (as per Honda's website) I believe they made most (if not all) safety equipment standard on both models. The bells and whistles are what ups the price.
Regarding price: I wish Honda would use the old pricing structure for teh Element. I remember when teh EX-P first came out in 06 it was teh most expensive Element ever relaeased and thinkit topped out around $23K. Now, a standard factory EX is around $25K

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
The specs listed above are for the 2009-10 Element (as per Honda's website) I believe they made most (if not all) safety equipment standard on both models. The bells and whistles are what ups the price.
Regarding price: I wish Honda would use the old pricing structure for teh Element. I remember when teh EX-P first came out in 06 it was teh most expensive Element ever relaeased and thinkit topped out around $23K. Now, a standard factory EX is around $25K
Can't say what was what for 2009, but the above are all of the specs for the 2010 model as per the Honda site.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't know if still true, but Side impact air bags only on EX.
That's why there was a difference in injury ratings between the LX and EX.
pretty sure that changed in 2007 with the safety for ere'body campaign

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.