Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wtf? I thought hondass was supposed to be re-designing the element? like the scion did... the 2010 is the same old ****ty thing no hybrid, no deisel, no white no better engine nothing... **** IM MAD!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
but lets not forget all the hard work they put into turning the E into a dog cage :mad:

what the hell did they think up the 2010 while snorting coke?

·
Registered
29 Posts
My advice to you? Don't buy one. Also stomp your feet up and down, cross your arms, furrow your brow, and make a whining sound!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts

·
12,179 Posts
When did Honda say the E was going to be redone for 2010?

They just did a refresh for 2009.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a diesel...The whole diesel program is on hold.

Hybrid?.....Not a chance....The E is too big and heavy for that to even be a consideration.

When it comes to news about new models and changes coming from different sites.....Keep my signature in mind.

I read it on the internet so it must be true.

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Korey, if you are going to point at a post from 2007 then at least read the entire post. The OP stated he spoke with some engineers from Honda who contradicted the Automotive News article, yet you chose to believe Automotive News. The engineer clearly stated they were working on the new Pilot the Element would be pushed back to 2010 or 2011. Well we know it won't be a 2010 and the odds of them putting out an all new Element for 2011 are even slimmer.

Why are you all upset about this? The rumor of a redesign has been ongoing for 3 years and there has never been a single substantiated rumor about this actually happening.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hybrid?.....Not a chance....The E is too big and heavy for that to even be a consideration.
Ford's Escape Hybrid is heavier and seems to be doing well. Hell, there's even a Chevy Tahoe hybrid which is MASSIVE. The element could be made into a hybrid easily if honda that the drive or desire. Diesel would be better though!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dunno i think honda sucks now wether or not they had it planned. they could have at least done something different besides that odd dog basket

and well as for hybrid that is what i want my next car to be

only down part is it becomes more expensive, and depending on the battery, it could be hazardous as well but they def need a better engine this one just sucks

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I don't know what you mean about this engine sucking... Be assured that if Honda made a hybrid version of the E the gas engine would end up being smaller. You would also lose a lot of room in the E with the batteries which would take away from it's large cargo space.

Honda has said before that they feel Hybrid technology is really only effective on smaller light weight cars.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey, they did away with Midnight Red Pearl (curses!). Isn't that enough damage for one year?

·
Registered
29 Posts
i dunno i think honda sucks now wether or not they had it planned. they could have at least done something different besides that odd dog basket
My advice to you? Don't buy one. Also stomp your feet up and down, cross your arms, furrow your brow, and make a whining sound! Feel like I'm repeating myself.. weird.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I don't know what you mean about this engine sucking... Be assured that if Honda made a hybrid version of the E the gas engine would end up being smaller. You would also lose a lot of room in the E with the batteries which would take away from it's large cargo space.
okay that really only depends on the type of battery they use, some new technology being introduced into hybrids in the upcoming hybrid models is actually easier to shape which would make it easier to fit into a model like the element

and when i say a better engine i mean our engine suck?!?! what don't you get? not saying a hybrid would go faster but the fact that it is a hybrid makes up for that?!? and anything would be nicer like a v6 or anything

i mean, what part of "better engine" don't you understand?

Honda has said before that they feel Hybrid technology is really only effective on smaller light weight cars.
who cares what "honda says" people seem to be pretty smug with the vue and escape, they aren't near lightweight cars. they are big but not as big as the hybrid escalade, which shows that not too much space, if any at all, would be taken away from the element.

·
12,179 Posts
and when i say a better engine i mean our engine suck?!?! what don't you get?

i mean, what part of "better engine" don't you understand?
What is your specific issue with the engine in the E?

You can't just say our engine sucks with out giving specific reasons and expect everyone to know why you think that way.

The is hundred of thousands of K24 engines on the road worldwide so clearly not everyone shares your opinion.

·
12,179 Posts
Ford's Escape Hybrid is heavier and seems to be doing well. Hell, there's even a Chevy Tahoe hybrid which is MASSIVE. The element could be made into a hybrid easily if honda that the drive or desire. Diesel would be better though!

I stand corrected. I was basing my numbers on the E's 4wd model being 3700 lbs and not comparing the Escape Hybrid which is FWD to the FWD E which comes in at 3300 lbs compared to the Escape Hybrid @ 3700 lbs.

Either way my statement is partly true since Honda is currently concentrating on "light weight" hybrids.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Yeah, I guess I don't understand what you mean...:rolleyes:

In the case of the Tahoe, those things have massive fuel tanks it would be easy to lose 10 gallons of fuel tank and replace it with batteries and still have 20-30 gallons to play with. If you are talking about new battery technology that is ultra high dollar and not likely that anyone would put those on a base model SUV.

You coveted the E for years and now that you have one you are bashing it like no other. What did you really expect from an entry level SUV? The engine may not live up to your expectations but it certainly doesn't suck. This is one of, if not the most reliable engine on the market. So if you have problems with it, USE WORDS, to describe what is wrong and not just huge generalizations.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts