Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got my '10 SC back from the dealership because of two issues. I will post the other issue in a separate thread (stereo static). My E now has 1800 miles on it and I have had it a month and three weeks. The dealership has had it a total of 10 days over 5 visits. No resolution to either issue. UGHH!!! The drivers side front door is leaking water. It come in at the top, runs down and exits onto the threshold. It does not go into the cabin. They told me that the way the inside seal fits, that's just the way it is going to work. I think the outside seal at the top of the door should stop the water from running in. Has anyone else had this issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We are supposed to have rain Thursday and Friday, so I decided to go after the rain is over to the dealership and open all the doors on the Elements they have. If they are dry, I will push them to fix mine. If they are wet too, I guess I'll have to find my own fix. I'm just afraid that with time, the rain will run down inside the door and cause electrical damage and/or rust.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We are supposed to have rain Thursday and Friday, so I decided to go after the rain is over to the dealership and open all the doors on the Elements they have. If they are dry, I will push them to fix mine. If they are wet too, I guess I'll have to find my own fix. I'm just afraid that with time, the rain will run down inside the door and cause electrical damage and/or rust.
I would tell the dealer you weren't born yesterday and this not how Honda designs cars. This whole situation is unacceptable and you need to get riled up about this issue.

I am not sure about your state, but here in GA if you go back for the same problem 3 times with no fix by the dealer I believe it qualifies as a lemon and you can get your money back or request a new vehicle. I would check into your state lemon laws.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts