Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Shawn,

I've done research on this as I am about to buy a hitch myself for my 2007 SC. For the 2007-2008's, any hitch other than the Honda OEM hitch will require trimming a portion of the bumper to fit the receiver through. I would bet money that the 2009-2010 SC's are the identical case.

So, if you don't mind cutting the bumper the link you posted will work, although I suggest browsing etrailer's website.

If you want to preserve your rear bumper the OEM hitch is the only answer.

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Follow-up

I'm a 1-week owner of a '10 SC, and am looking for the best hitch to install. I've found this one on the web, and was wondering if anybody else has installed it:

http://www.autoanything.com/towing/73A3874A0A0A3263711.aspx

If you have another hitch recommendation, I'm open to suggestions. :grin:

Thanks,
Shawn

I ordered this hitch from AutoAnything, and I looked at the installation guide for the U-haul hitch, and they are exactly the same thing (just different labels). I haven't installed it yet because AutoAnything sent me a damaged hitch that I'm trying to return, but I did test fit it and it looks like no trimming required. If I get the replacement hitch, I'll post pics after completing the install.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
1 1/4" hitches will fit w/o a problem... it's only when you want to install 2" and up you need to trim a bit off the bumper (checkout kustomrydes' SC with 3 inch? hitch).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts