Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I ordered a hitch and wiring harness for my Dad's 2010 LX. We put the hitch on without a problem...

Then we popped the rear wiring harness thingy onto the connection in the spare tire well. No problem.

BUT...

the problem was up under the steering wheel where I'm s'posed to connect the whatchamacallit to the thingy under the dash... the 2 connecting points don't seem to match up. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a cover I'm s'posed to remove to make the thing snap together???

Thanks for your help.

tk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Keep hunting way up behind the dash. The connector you are looking for may be folded and tucked away to keep it from rattling. Mine was wrapped with sky blue tape holding the connector to the wires leading into it. Luck.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
You have the instructions? Latest I can find right now is spec'd for 07-08; don't know if 2010 is different.
If they ARE the same, the connector is clear over by the hood release lever and not where the diagram shows it. I ran in to the same confusion.

·
Retired.
12,181 Posts
Thanks, Lizzurd. I can't see any difference in the illustrations between the two sets of instructions. Maybe they changed the location of a connector in MY 2009 or 2010, and failed to update the illustration?

Packerz4, which illustration is wrong?

I didn't see changes either. It would come as no real surprise to see that all Honda did was change the heading to read 2009.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I had the same problem, but when I looked a little harder and over to the left, I found the right harness connector. Just keep looking, It's there.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't see changes either. It would come as no real surprise to see that all Honda did was change the heading to read 2009.
I can't tell which illustration is wrong. I am going to go look deeper to the left and see if maybe I just had the wrong connector. It was held in there with a blue piece of tape, but maybe I grabbed the wrong one?

I'll check.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know if this will help or not. Here's a look at mine:

YES! YES! YES! That's it!

I was trying to match the connector thingamajig to the green connector you can see in this pic!!! Wish I'd of had my camera in the first place... a pic is so priceless on the forum...

Thanks to everyone for the help!

TK

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i LOVE this forum!

we just connected it to the right part! it was WAY over on the left!

thanks everyone!

tk

·
Registered
715 Posts
Glad I could help. I tried to connect mine to the green one too so I know what you were going through. The right one was kind of hard to find.

Wanna see how I routed my plug out through the back and under the bumper?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the great pics Buttermilk. I was having the same problem installing on a 2008 Element. I also pulled the tape off of the green plug and tried to use it. This has saved me a lot of aggravation.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Bottom line on this is that the right connector IS in there, um, somewhere, and it's the only one that'll fit - so if you can't make "this one" work, keep looking...

Don'tcha love pictures?

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts