Honda Element Owners Club banner

OK Who's Going?

• "Crikey! I'll go too mate - so how big are the crocs in this lake?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If I'm not busy dusting furniture and doing my nails I'll go too.

• This is Big Foot Country - Hope to see him down at the lake.

• Good fishing here - this year I'm actually going to catch some

41 - 60 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
I just booked the trip for Steve and myself. We are going for the whole time Aug 19-25 (we plan to arrive late Friday night).

If all goes well I will have some pictures to show everyone of the place after this weekend. Yes I will be in the area camping with a clan of Teardrops no less. The Furthers are going to this event as well. The annual Dam Gathering of Teardrops. They have gatherings all over California.

By the way John and Tonya - check your pers message's I sent you (via the forum). Some info on a teardrop camping group.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just booked the trip for Steve and myself. We are going for the whole time Aug 19-25 (we plan to arrive late Friday night).

If all goes well I will have some pictures to show everyone of the place after this weekend. Yes I will be in the area camping with a clan of Teardrops no less. The Furthers are going to this event as well. The annual Dam Gathering of Teardrops. They have gatherings all over California.

By the way John and Tonya - check your pers message's I sent you (via the forum). Some info on a teardrop camping group.
Mel!

DOH!! I didn't receive it! :-(

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

More wonderful news!
Say hi to Steve and John and Marilyn when you see them at the Teardrop gathering.
Can't wait to see sum pics of the Dam Gathering - it sounds like lotza fun!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Now don't forget, kids, this is pretty close to Bigfoot Country.

You need to keep on the lookout for creatures like this:

Especially if they are trying to blend in with humans and come bearing gifts:

That almost rhymed, lol.

I am working with CA and OR to put together a State Park photo trip. It would look like this:

If everything works out, I could camp with you guys at San Simeon on the way up, and spend a week at Lake Siskiyou on the way back. We shall see...

Here's some teaser pics from when I was at Lake Siskiyou in 2007:

It's such a neat place:

So, we will see what shakes out and hopefully I will see y'all soon!

Regards,
Greg

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
[
QUOTE=Elemen-O-P;915763]
Location R in this pic is my neck of the woods... what destination could you possibly have there?
[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm... as I understand it, location "R' is actually your house. :roll:
I mean you did invite the Camping Fools for a sleep over on the way to or from the Shasta Meet.. remember?

However; it's too late for you to do anything about it now.
In fact the only way to avoid a convoy of E's and assorted riff-raff from parking on your front lawn and annoying everyone in your neigborhood is..
make it to the meet or move to another Zip Code.

If not, expect an invasion! :razz:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ok, booked! We called and they snagged space 160 for us. We actually booked for 8/20-26.

Greg, your pics from the canoe....I SO wanna do that!!!

Got any pics of the sites in this campground on you website??? :)

PS: Trailer Trash Barbie may be crashing our party on this trip and making an appearance. Jus sayin'.

-Tonya

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Hmmmm... as I understand it, location "R' is actually your house. :roll:
I mean you did invite the Camping Fools for a sleep over on the way to or from the Shasta Meet.. remember?

However; it's too late for you to do anything about it now.
In fact the only way to avoid a convoy of E's and assorted riff-raff from parking on your front lawn and annoying everyone in your neigborhood is..
make it to the meet or move to another Zip Code.

If not, expect an invasion! :razz:
Actually "R" looks to be in Manteca... you show up there, you'll be closer to Bass Pro Shops than to our house... could be entertaining, but I doubt they'd let you camp inside the store. Plus, I think all the mounted animals would be a bit creepy at night.:razz:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ok, booked! We called and they snagged space 160 for us. We actually booked for 8/20-26.

Greg, your pics from the canoe....I SO wanna do that!!!

Got any pics of the sites in this campground on you website??? :)

PS: Trailer Trash Barbie may be crashing our party on this trip and making an appearance. Jus sayin'.

-Tonya
If the trip pans out, I am going to contact the Lake Siskiyou Camp-Resort and offer to take campsite photos and make them a YouTube video in exchange for camping fees. Their website is so old it is almost retro, lol.

If I bring my canoe you can definitely use it. You can also rent them there. Considering their website, however, the canoes probably look like this:

Regards,
Greg

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Greg - I would appreciate it if you would not post anymore photos of me.
Especially this one of me on my way to the showers. (neeked)

There could be young children and sweet little old ladies looking at this disturbing image!
Have you no shame?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Have you no shame?
Let's see:

shame (shm)
n.
a. A painful emotion caused by a strong sense of guilt, embarrassment, unworthiness, or disgrace.
b. Capacity for such a feeling: Have you no shame?
2. One that brings dishonor, disgrace, or condemnation.
3. A condition of disgrace or dishonor; ignominy.
4. A great disappointment.

Nope, I think I sold that on eBay a few years ago. I think I got $3 because it was used.

Now I am embracing my shamelessness. In fact, Showtime has started a series called "Shameless". It is not for the meek, but is hilarious.

Here is a link to the first episode you can watch on your computer: CLICKY

William Macy kinda stars in it. Watch it and you will see what I mean. Wait through the previews which last about 20 seconds.

Regards,
Greg

·
Registered
64 Posts
McCloud Heritage Days

Hey all - Saturday, Aug. 20, the city of McCloud is holding its Heritage Days celebration. Only 20 or so minutes from Lake Siskiyou, it has art, food, gunfights at the old corral, horse droppings on the streets, and great entertainment, including Doc Farther playing banjo :evil: with the Berryvale String Band. Can't miss it!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Hey all - Saturday, Aug. 20, the city of McCloud is holding its Heritage Days celebration. Only 20 or so minutes from Lake Siskiyou, it has art, food, gunfights at the old corral, horse droppings on the streets, and great entertainment, including Doc Farther playing banjo :evil: with the Berryvale String Band. Can't miss it!
I love McCloud!
Passed through this lovely town on the way back from the Klamath Meet last summer.
Thrilled that the McCloud Heritage Day celebration will occur during the dates we've set for the meet.
Art, food, gunfights at the corral, horse droppings on the street.. what more could you want?
And Doc Farther banjo picking?
What are you kidding!? This is gonna be fabulous fun!

(Slosport's dog Ted will have a field day if there's the horse poop! - keep him on a short leash and no kisses)

Last year's bummer in the summer weather was at Klamath when we got freak monsoon rains on the NorCal coast in September.
We got a bit wet but still had a very good time.
To avoid another unpredictable weather drama we moved this year's summer meet to Mt. Shasta and pushed it back from September to August
The weather should be perfect.

This will be FUN!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
May 18th, 2011 Polar Bear Plunge Mount Shasta

Crikey there's still tons of snow up there in Shasta.
It makes a tough going for the local Polar Bear Club! :lol:

41 - 60 of 337 Posts