Honda Element Owners Club banner

2011 Element! [9.18.9] (Speculation)

35K views 150 replies 51 participants last post by  bobmak57 
#1 ·
#2 ·
The guy is "reviewing" every 2011 car already, when 2010 is still not out?:rolleyes:
Tons of speculation, there is really no new objective information.
Good luck on trusting his word. You have to give him credit for finding a way to attraction easy trusting people to the website.

#3 ·
I wouldn't call this a review, it's more like speculation. If there was a redesigned Element coming in 2011, I think we'd have seen glimpses of it somewhere.

#5 ·
While I'd love to see a 2011 Element, it sounds like this guy read the EOC site and started tossing in all our wishlist/buzzwords: v6, diesel, more off road, clamshell doors, etc to make up an article.
And his factchecker is wrong on definately one point-- the Crosstour is based on the Accord, not the Civic.;-)

#6 ·
Considering that the linked article is purely a semi-maybe-here's-my-guess speculation no more informed than the normal thread traffic on EOC, I've moved this to the general discussion area and tweaked the thread title.

What the "reviewer" didn't note is what we already have in this thread - for people who bought the E for pure function and personal haulage, it now has competition. This would be further market erosion for any potential 2011 redesign.

Also, the "redesign" horse has been flogged here for... what?... three years now? I'll believe it as soon as Honda officially announces something.

#7 ·
He did say one thing i can agree with,

Element’s square shape has always been an aerodynamic albatross.
The Albatross is only bad luck if you kill it! You hear that Honda....

#8 ·
Isn't that the exact same list of claims that were on the speculation sites about the 2009 Element and 2010 Element? :lol:

#9 ·
Amen to that Twi...! :lol::lol::lol:

LBD

#11 · (Edited)
Hey scanrps...!

The end of the world is supposed to be on Dec 21, 2012... Didn't you get that memo...? It came with my map and directions to Hell (so I wouldn't get lost...)

LBD

PostScript... ROFL...!!! Don't forget scanrps, we're organizing a Bay Area meet on Oct 10, a Saturday... PM me if you'd like details otherwise, follow the NorCal Owners Meet thread... We had one yesterday at Ocean Beach in SF...

LBD

#12 ·
2011 Element

I heard...........and..............furthermore..............and then...............

#15 ·
No element for 20011

I was told by a family member that is a Honda sales person, that 2010 will be the last year for the element. Honda has not said any more than that to the dealers.:-x

#16 ·
I was told by a family member that is a Honda sales person, that 2010 will be the last year for the element. Honda has not said any more than that to the dealers.:-x
They maybe right, but then again this is from a salesperson.;-)
Honda usually will not release that kind of info so early
in a model year, even to dealers.

#19 ·
2011 Element Info

I looked around and haven't seen this link posted.
I just hope that they don't ruin the original formula to get a couple thousand more sales.
http://iguida.com/2011-honda-element

#20 ·
I looked around and haven't seen this link posted.
I just hope that they don't ruin the original formula to get a couple thousand more sales.
http://iguida.com/2011-honda-element

Don't hold your breath on this one. We have seen this one before. Pure speculation. That article was posted in June 2009. There is no way this site had that kind of info 18 months in advance of a launch of an all new E.

#21 ·
I knew it. It came up on some other search I was doing. Plus Honda is too light lipped about these things. I still haven't found a tread started to the 2011 Element so hopefully this will get things going.

#25 ·
Yeah, I wasn't paying attention, I was too tired and looking around the forums to see if the link had been posted.

There seems to be a lot about the CR-Z floating around out there. I seems to be the only new Honda that they are really talking about, besides the new Odyssey.

#28 · (Edited)
the look i mean in general like not exact i mean liek if they made the concept look more liek this

like if you slapped a honda logo on it i wouldnt be surprised at that beign the new look of the E

its got somewhat of a box shape from that angle and the way the black flows past the windows looks like the original element concept

#30 ·
Haven't seen it yet to my knowledge. There's been hints as to what is to come next in the design series, but nothing concrete in the least bit.

#35 ·
Face it, after nearly a decade, the E with its basic goodness is still a tough act to follow. It scores home runs across a very wide spectrum of buyer types, meaning it's no longer for those 20-something unemployed grads (like it ever was) target market. I don't see Honda taking this philosophy green, rounded, or anything other than what it already is. The word prodigy comes to mind.

Honda doesn't have to go up or down-market as there are RDXs and Cubes galore. What they can do is apply more new-tech to lighten the weight a bit, improve mpg and nudge a bit, add a trim line and Honda-signature accessory upgrades, then let the aftermarket thrive as they have all along.

No matter what happens to the E, it will never outsell CRVs, Civics, Accords or Pilots. It will, however, kill the CrossTour in sales. The E is an honest, useful and still brilliant alternative to Subie, Jeep, Nissan Whatever, Toyota Yawn, and anything the Formerly Big 3 and their spin-offs create with cramped, downsized, useless converted econo-box prEtEndErs.

Later I'll post what I really think.

#37 ·
Generation Two Element

Honda doesn't have to go up or down-market as there are RDXs and Cubes galore. What they can do is apply more new-tech to lighten the weight a bit, improve mpg and nudge a bit, add a trim line and Honda-signature accessory upgrades, then let the aftermarket thrive as they have all along.
It would be really sweet to have that 199hp SI engine. They could work on that fuel mileage too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.