Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks. New here. Have searched a bit online and a few pages deep here on the Racks, Hitches, and towing forum, but cant seem to find any concise information regarding a aftermarket (or Honda) front hitch for my 2011 EX.
I have a metalworker friend who is willing to build me one and a friend who runs a Honda/Toyota garage who is willing to help me install a custom hitch, but I'd really rather prefer to just buy one and not take up their time if possible. I don't need anything serious....just carry a basket or a full size spare. Any ideas or leads would be most appreciated

·
Registered
623 Posts
There are no aftermarket front hitch options on the market. I have read folks using the blue ox base plate as a building point for a winch. Using the blue ox base plate you can custom build a tire carrier or basket off of that. Or just have your fabricator watch an install video of the blue ox on the element so he can just simply copy the mounting areas. Please post pictures if you do this.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I'm curious where you could even MOUNT a load bearing hitch on the front of an Element. They're basically about as solid as marshmallow.

Before you mount anything up front, remember to keep the airflow clear for your radiator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are no aftermarket front hitch options on the market. I have read folks using the blue ox base plate as a building point for a winch. Using the blue ox base plate you can custom build a tire carrier or basket off of that. Or just have your fabricator watch an install video of the blue ox on the element so he can just simply copy the mounting areas. Please post pictures if you do this.
Thanks for the info, will do on the photos!

I'm curious where you could even MOUNT a load bearing hitch on the front of an Element. They're basically about as solid as marshmallow.
Before you mount anything up front, remember to keep the airflow clear for your radiator.
Yeah, I definitely thought about obstructing the radiator (I work in commercial refrigeration) so, I dont want a vinyl cover over the spare if I go down that road. I'll post back here with my decision/pics if I try it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have it done professionally. We safely tow our elements behind RVs that we deliver. RV hitch companies are the best.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I posted this on the FB group. It's solidly mounted to the subframe. Can withstand me jumping on it. Easily support a full size spare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts