Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
... and an extra $1200.00 for LowJack and clear coat in the disclaimer. Does "no haggle" means no deals?

TrueCar says it's $300 above market
iSeeCars shows it as $2500 above market.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,088 Posts
Considering the super high demand for low mileage 2011 Elements, and also considering the current very high prices of both new and used cars in general, that initial asking price is not that far off! (And likely quite close to what it sold for new!)

Unless of course they add on a lot of extra charges, as GregP has suggested.

But that one looks as close to new as you are likely to find. It probably wont last long!

·
Registered
35 Posts
So, the Element is a great vehicle that doesn't have any current model equal, but it is insane to pay $20,000 for a ten year old car that probably retailed close to that price when new. Miles are but one measure of condition ... the rest of the car is still ten years old. Hey, I'm a two-time Element owner but no way I'd pay that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Also consider if someone hits you, it won't be easy explaining that their insurance company should write an extra large check because you paid so much over KBB.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Also consider if someone hits you, it won't be easy explaining that their insurance company should write an extra large check because you paid so much over KBB.
Yeah the only way it makes sense is if you're going to buy it and put it into storage and not drive it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Recently, I spent many months looking for a low mileage used Element EX AWD but the price is what always held me back. For me, this forum was both helpful and confusing. Some people here will say “Elements are in high demand, so of course XYZ price is reasonable”. While I initially was in that camp, I ultimately decided that it wasn’t worth paying $16-20k for a 10-17 yr old car. I completely understand that owners here love their cars and some can see this kind of value (some are even rooting for it to go higher as a “collector’s item”). I was one of the first to buy a new 2003 EX AWD which I loved for many years until I sold it, so I know the feeling.

My personal take on it is... if you really want an Element, consider purchasing one with around 140k-ish miles or less with a clean CarFax/AutoCheck. I tried to keep my search under 80k miles and was always disappointed by the high prices. Whatever you do, inspect the heck out of it and watch for rust and any accidents that might’ve been missed on the CarFax/AutoCheck.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It all depends on what it's worth to you. I recently paid ~23K for a 2010 with 25K miles on it. There was never a better car made for a wheelchair user, and my wife loves it, those two were good enough reasons for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It all depends on what it's worth to you. I recently paid ~23K for a 2010 with 25K miles on it. There was never a better car made for a wheelchair user, and my wife loves it, those two were good enough reasons for me.
Yes, the wheelchair converted Elements are a whole different thing. From what I’ve seen, they usually seem to go for $20k or more.

·
Registered
227 Posts
No, mine are not "converted", other than hand controls added (which I do myself). It's the rear half-door, and the room behind the front seat for the wheelchair to fit, that's what makes all the difference.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a 2007 with 63,000 miles on it for $6,000 but I knew it needed some work (rotors, exhaust pipe, sway bar) and there's still a squeak in door, so $7,000 to get it in really good condition. I also found a 2008 with 45,000 for $8,000. so I think there are Elements out there with less than 100,000 for under $10,000.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a 2007 with 63,000 miles on it for $6,000 but I knew it needed some work (rotors, exhaust pipe, sway bar) and there's still a squeak in door, so $7,000 to get it in really good condition. I also found a 2008 with 45,000 for $8,000. so I think there are Elements out there with less than 100,000 for under $10,000.
However some neighbors sold their 2010 element that only had 12,000 miles for $12,000.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts