Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The refreshed 2019 Honda Pilot has been partially revealed in new spy photos.

The 2019 Pilot is set to receive a corporate makeover with a more aggressive looking front end, a new grille and different LED headlamps. Out back, Honda has applied some Accord-style taillights that are partly covered up in the prototype pictured here, along with a different tailgate and rear bumper.
Read more about the 2019 Honda Pilot Partially Revealed in New Spy Photos at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
646 Posts
The Pilot had the benefit of Honda Reliability, but unfortunately looks just about like every other of the multiple SUVs on the market.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
The Pilot had the benefit of Honda Reliability, but unfortunately looks just about like every other of the multiple SUVs on the market.
Reliability? We dumped our Pilot because the thing was a lemon. We traded it in on a 2012 Toyota Rav4 which has been a thing of joy compared to the Hondas we've dealt with.

I dunno how closely the newer models mirror the older ones (ours was an '05) but one huge difference between that thing and the Element was the room inside. The Pilot put the windshield up rather painfully close to my face, the ceiling painfully close to my head, and combining both problems, I smacked my head on the door getting in and out every single time I drove it - and I had NONE of these problems with the supposedly smaller Element. The ugly styling of the newer models is a matter of individual taste, but operator space is measurable and fixed for everyone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Doesn't look that much different from the previous years. I like how it carries itself like an Element. However, I'd hoped Honda would change up the SUV look to stand out from the crowd

·
Registered
25 Posts
The look never grew on me. It looks like the azz end of an old Odyssey and the front of a new CR-V.

I actually said when it first came out (the new body style) that it looked like a great big CR-V.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Lets hope the transmission doesn't blow up.
I'd like to hear more on what you think the transmission issues are. I just tried to find out more about that myself and all I found quickly was "updated 9 speed" but no other info. At least it's not built like their CVT (I hope) but I did find a description of the "pushbutton" shift controler. THAT alone is enough to keep me from ever buying one or even riding in one. Paddle shift-pushbutton-bump up/down shift controlers have no business in consumer goods.

The only CVT I'd ever respect is Toyota's electric version. Too bad the other car makers didn't pick up on the design.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just asking , have there been any other photos of this though ? Searched for other and couldn't find any , maybe I'm not good at searching haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts