Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard via the internet that a new generation of Element will be introduce later this year. In fact I've seen photos of that vehicle. However, I cannot get confirmation of this from Honda America. Does anyone have accurate information whether or not this is true?

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
No one has information to support this because it's not happening.

You can't prove something isn't happening, only that it is.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Great, now I'm gonna have Rocky-n-Bullwinkle's voices in my head the rest of the day...

About the car though... I am a sucker for a suicide door... :LOL: (y)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Great, now I'm gonna have Rocky-n-Bullwinkle's voices in my head the rest of the day...

About the car though... I am a sucker for a suicide door... :LOL: (y)
It has TRUE suicide doors if you want to drive one in traffic. They're designed for Japan's roads and about as big as a golf cart. I doubt it'd even be street legal in the US.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Element is dead. Unlike the NSX it wont be coming back.
Dead for now. But look, they're bringing back the Hummer and the Bronco. SUVs are all the rage again. A plug-in electric retro-inspired and fully modern Element, that'll add some spice to Honda's seriously bland SUV/Crossover lineup.

·
Banned
4 Posts
I've heard via the internet that a new generation of Element will be introduce later this year. In fact I've seen photos of that vehicle. However, I cannot get confirmation of this from Honda America. Does anyone have accurate information whether or not this is true?
Hi there. I havent heard that. It would be gret. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
(My opinion) The original Element body's too heavy to make a good electric and it's not designed right to hold the batteries safe underneath. Honda would have to redesign the whole thing from the base up to have one ready for large scale production. What they'd probably come up with wouldn't look anything like an Element, wouldn't be able to DO the things an Element loves to wallow in, and most important to the conversation, it'd be fabulously expensive which was the antithesis of the Element philosophy. That alone was the reason we lost the E - because it competed financially with the less capable but more profitable CR-V. I don't see Honda ever trying to bring back an Element-class vehicle because: #1: Honda is interested in people movers, not utility vehicles. #2: For Honda, the Element was a lucky fluke. They don't have the engineering talent to design or build another one. #3: If Honda DID try to build a utility vehicle, it'd be a simple 2WD boxy van similar to the Ford Transit, and they wouldn't because the Transit is too popular for them to compete with it on a competitive price. #4: A combination of things boiling down to the bigwigs in charge simply don't have the ambition to go out on another limb when they can keep cruising on their money winners.

I look to larger companies like Toyota to take up the lead on replacing the Element - simply because they can and they know there's a market for them SOMEWHERE - and Toyotas are everywhere. Plus, the quality of a Honda appears to have went down in the last ten or twelve years to where I wouldn't want one anyway.

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I know, this Photoshop is a combination of the Element and the Honda e (Headlights, Rims, Mirrors) but i think ,it looks like the (real) Renegade...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts