Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My EXS 4WD AT has had Goodyear Fortera 235/70/16 104T tires on it for awhile now. The wear has been very uneven even apparently with alignment, and I need to get them replaced at this point.

The place I was going to use tried to talk me into BF Goodrich 215/70/16 Long Trail Tours. I've read a lot of threads in this folder, and IIRC, a number of people who have had these hated them. Anyway, they want $650 for those tires, mounting, & balancing. Looking online, I could get them for about $175 cheaper with everything included.

I am leaning towards the Michelin LTX M/S2s. That same place said they could special order them but that the total'd be $800something, which I think is insane. "You're paying for the name.", the receptionist said. Ookee. I can buy them from discounttiredirect.com for $656, minus the $70 Michelin rebate that's going on right now (I guess it's a prepaid CC or something - does anyone know? and if there are other coupons I should know about, I'm all ears), bringing the 4 tires to $586. I can get the mount & balance for $40, so that's back up to about $626. Still cheaper than the $800. :roll: Oh, and as far as the black versus white lettering goes, is that just a matter of facing the tire to the opposite side or is it actually flipping the tire inside out? Obviously I'm not tire-savvy, but I want all black.

I thought of the Yokohama AVID TR-Zs, but I've read just as many good reviews as bad reviews of those. I also read something about Kumhos?

Any other suggestions? I do drive in rain and snow and want an all-weather tire that is good in those conditions.

And, I have 235s (235/70/16 104T) but am thinking of going with 225s (225/70/16 101T). Any of you done this? Any of you recommend doing this? Is it that big of a deal? The price difference is $1/tire.

TiA!

·
Registered
816 Posts
i just ordered a few days ago michelin xc lt4 215-70-16..all 4 for $500 mounted and balanced,,iam getting them put on today...

·
Registered
138 Posts
General Grabber HTS have a good rep and are available in 225/70R16, 235/65R16, and 235/70R16. Not sure what your concern is that you are asking about the 225/70 from the 235/70 you have now. IIRC the 235/65 and 225/70 are closer to stock height than the 235/70.

·
Registered
26 Posts
BF Goodrich 215/70/16 Long Trail Tours

I recently purchased the BF Goodrich 215/70/16 Long Trail Tours from Costco on sale and they have been pretty good so far, much better than the stock wranglers that came on the E. I wanted to get the Michelin LTX m/s2 as well, but shipping to Hawaii on tirerack or other site adds on $75+/tire making it impractical and local dealers also wanted $800+. Costco adds on the warranty for free, so I got a decent deal with the limited amount of tire dealers to work with out here. But about the tires, my E handles much better, even than when it was new. No gas savings, but great wet handling and a quiet ride. I installed aftermarket sounds to hear the music above the noise of the vehicle, and with these tires, I don't have to turn it up very loud because I can hear the music over the tires!

My next tire purchase will almost 100% be the LTX m/s because of all the great things I have heard about them as well. I just hope I can afford them next time around!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts