Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at buying Destination LE 235/65/16 at Firestone for $112 each. So far I have not found any forums about running this tire and size. (I have seen AT models)
I have a FWD 2004 DX that does mostly freeway and rain driving... it doesn't snow here.

I did the tire calculator @ 101tirecalculator.com and the size is within 3% of the diameter/height of the original tire, a .61% difference

so if anyone has pictures, stories or knowlege of this tire model or size it would help alot!

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
That size is closer to stock than the other common alternatives, 235/70/16 and 225/70/16.

I can't say anything about the model

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I have that model in the 225/70/16s and they are pretty good. Nice improvement over stock, quieter with more off-road bite. I have 50k on mine now and looking to replace them. Not entirely sure if I am going with them again or not.

I wan't a more aggressive tread (a/t) but I don't want the extra road noise....:roll:

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I was thinking of trying that size on my next set of tires. I've been using 225/70s. The General Grabber HTS (which I like) comes in the 235/65 size, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've run that size since I first replaced the stock rubber with no problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've run that size since I first replaced the stock rubber with no problems.
I have until the end of June for the discount special. My major concern is tire noise and wet traction, NO snow or off road activity.

We have no real selection here locally for tires... Firestone, Goodyear, Costco, Sams Club & NO Tire Rack.

Was also looking at the 235/70/16 (again LE's & not AT's) but i think the 70 height ratio is over the safety rating.

The stock 215/70/16 really dont do any justice and I think the 235 width will help with all the 215 traction short falls.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have until the end of June for the discount special. My major concern is tire noise and wet traction, NO snow or off road activity.

We have no real selection here locally for tires... Firestone, Goodyear, Costco, Sams Club & NO Tire Rack.

Was also looking at the 235/70/16 (again LE's & not AT's) but i think the 70 height ratio is over the safety rating.

The stock 215/70/16 really dont do any justice and I think the 235 width will help with all the 215 traction short falls.
I was quoted $122/tire last week for the same tire (Destination LE) at 225/70 size.

The priorities you mention (wet traction and road noise) have been reported well satisfied by the General HTS tires. Also, you can always order the tires online and drop ship them to your favorite shop for installation so don't let the local selection keep you too limited.
Lastly, get some pricing online and force the local guys to price match...they'll usually cooperate to get the business.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts