1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
That looks awesome!!! More pics! More! :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Looks great...can't tell with my lil laptop what brand the tires are.

235's look great. Don't know why some have said they are too big as they seem to fill the wells just right (unless you have a lift on there).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tires are Firestone Destination A/Ts. And yes, the 235/70/16 size fits fine..ive had no rubbing issues... at full lock, left to right, over speed bumps, etc. And no lift...this E is all stock! I'll take some more pics maybe this weekend.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
What is the spec of the steelies? I did a comparison the the radius, diameter and circumference of your tire size and the 235/65/17's that I ordered yesterday and they are almost identical in in every aspect. Really hoping I don't have any rubbing issues.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The tires are Firestone Destination A/Ts. And yes, the 235/70/16 size fits fine..ive had no rubbing issues... at full lock, left to right, over speed bumps, etc. And no lift...this E is all stock! I'll take some more pics maybe this weekend.
Thanks...would always love to see more pics of the setup.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the spec of the steelies? I did a comparison the the radius, diameter and circumference of your tire size and the 235/65/17's that I ordered yesterday and they are almost identical in in every aspect. Really hoping I don't have any rubbing issues.
Here are the specs of my wheels:
Size:16X6.5
Offset: 50mm
Backspacing: 5.70"
Bolt Pattern: 5-114
Rec. Tire Size:215/70-16 But the 235s are within the allowable range.

No rubbing at all, but lifts the E about half an inch due to the 1-inch greater diameter.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Why did you change the rims? I thought the stock ones handle a 235 as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The black steelies look bad a$$! :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just wondering if you can provide a link to these steelies? I can't find them anywhere on tirerack.com. :|

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just wondering if you can provide a link to these steelies? I can't find them anywhere on tirerack.com. :|
Another option are the Honda Pilot steelies. When I picked up my Element in 03, I just wasn't happy with the look of the 5 spoke alloys. Next to my car was a base model Pilot and I liked the look of the wheels. I asked if I could swap and the dealership said fine and even refunded the price difference. They came with 235's on them. Here's the best pic I could find:

They could look cool painted black as well. Quick search turned up Pilot Steelies and Element Steelies

Regards,
Greg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, The black steel is ruggedly handsome. I am still waiting for my 2010 4WD LX to arrive. My stock wheels are black steel. I will toss the hubcaps. I think that center wheel caps will give a cleaner, but still [email protected]$$ look. Do you know if any retailer sells wheel center caps (I want black ones) to fit. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Steelies on Tirerack.com

If you go to the Snow Tire section you can order your steelies. They only show them in that section. Black steelies for the Element are about 55.00 a piece.

Good luck on the project. I'm outfitting my Nighthawk Black EX with Hancook DynaPro ATM 235/70/16's next month and putting on the steelies too. But still considering the KMC Slide all black rim as well. Both look mean.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you go to the Snow Tire section you can order your steelies. They only show them in that section. Black steelies for the Element are about 55.00 a piece.

Good luck on the project. I'm outfitting my Nighthawk Black EX with Hancook DynaPro ATM 235/70/16's next month and putting on the steelies too. But still considering the KMC Slide all black rim as well. Both look mean.
Thanks dude, I found 'em. Will Honda's OEM center caps fit on these Tire Rack brand steel wheels?

·
Registered
63 Posts
so its ok to use 235/70s on my stock 16inch element 5 spoke rims?? even tho the steelies have 50mm offset and the alloys have 45mm???

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yep 235/70's will fit alloys; these wheels are off a TL. I didnt want to play paint shop ( i painted myself) with my near mint stock alloys, so I bought these scuffed and beat up, cheap off C List; but they are the exact same specs and I have the 235/70

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I can also confirm that...235/70's on the stock alloys here...(little blurry, sorry)

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
i went for the 225/70 instead... bfg long trails.. they didnt have 235's in stock when i went up to discount tire and i didnt wanna drive up again tomorrow... pretty good deal.. ill get pics up in a while

1 - 20 of 30 Posts