Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow E owners!
I am currently in the market for some new tires for my E. I've been reading forums stating that the 235/70r16 will/will not fit. Final answer. Will these tire fit on a 2006 EX with 1"/50 mm wheel spacers?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
136 Posts
I currently have those exact tires on stock wheels with a 5mm spacer with zero issues (aside from VSA screwing up but you don't have VSA). But I also have a 3" lift. I believe that others have run that tire with no lift and no problem. Most of the reports of 235/70R16 not fitting are with the BFG KO2 which has a more aggressive tread.

I would not use a 50mm spacer. You will introduce positive scrub radius problems and you might start to have an issue with hitting the fender.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought I would post a picture of the tires. The Falken Wildpeak fit flawless. There is ample clearance for full turn. I might raise it an inch so as not to worry about load restrictions or tire rub off road.

·
Registered
120 Posts
looks great. I am tire shopping. wanted to do the small lift but can't afford it so I'll just get stock tires again.
looking for good recommendations on brands, prices and best tread for all weather highway and dirt roads, desert/sand rocks etc. my last tires are at about 55,000 miles! They were put on when I bought it by the dealer, sumitomo htr enhance.took me over the rockies and down to Baja so I might just get the same, about $90 each. Would like a little more aggressive tread but they were good on the highway and when new I lived in the snow country and the E just backed out of the driveway in the morning with out shoveling after an overnight 6" dumping on top of the 12" we had over the week. Was it the E or the tires that were new even though a less expensive brand.

·
Registered
2008 Element LX AWD AT
6 Posts
Thought I would post a picture of the tires. The Falken Wildpeak fit flawless. There is ample clearance for full turn. I might raise it an inch so as not to worry about load restrictions or tire rub off road. View attachment 202354 View attachment 202355
That looks really great as far as filling the wheel wells out. Did you end up using any spacers at all?

·
Registered
2003 EX AT 2wd
57 Posts
Yes, these look great. How do they handle and did you use those spacers mentioned earlier?

·
Registered
2008 Element LX AWD AT
6 Posts
I put the 235/70/16 Falken Wildpeak at3w on my E with no spacers, and factory rims. Heres a pic. Next is the 3" HRG lift. View attachment 204006
No rubbing with that setup?

I've got the steelies on mine, but also a set of 17" 5-spoke G35 wheels from a 2004 sedan (almost perfect fitment, according to all the specs... weird) that have been sitting in my garage for almost a decade. I know I'll probably have to drop to 60-series (or 65), but those tires are dope.

Thanks for the pic and info, man.

·
Registered
03 4wd 5spd
26 Posts
The biggest tire I’ve ever personally fit on a stock height element was 225/70/16. Had zero rub. Now lifted with an aerogenics kit 2” front and 1” rear with a 1” rear trailing arm spacer all the camber adjusters front and rear and 235/70/16 tires. Rubbed a little when the suspension would extend in the rear. Current setup is 20mm (3/4”)wheel spacer in front and 25mm (1”) in rear and now no rub.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No rubbing with that setup?

I've got the steelies on mine, but also a set of 17" 5-spoke G35 wheels from a 2004 sedan (almost perfect fitment, according to all the specs... weird) that have been sitting in my garage for almost a decade. I know I'll probably have to drop to 60-series (or 65), but those tires are dope.

Thanks for the pic and info, man.
No rubbing at all, nothing. Plus these are really quiet tires.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The biggest tire I’ve ever personally fit on a stock height element was 225/70/16. Had zero rub. Now lifted with an aerogenics kit 2” front and 1” rear with a 1” rear trailing arm spacer all the camber adjusters front and rear and 235/70/16 tires. Rubbed a little when the suspension would extend in the rear. Current setup is 20mm (3/4”)wheel spacer in front and 25mm (1”) in rear and now no rub.
What spacers are you using?

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
225/75r16 scrubs on the outside with an et6 offset at stock height. And the back rubs the fender liner with weight.
That’s ~ 40mm spacer. 25mm should be fine. That leaves you 10mm more space than I had if the tire treads are all the same.
and you only rub when going near full lock (do you do a lot of u turns in residential neighborhoods? Probably not a big deal)

rock your tires with love

·
Registered
03 4wd 5spd
26 Posts
What spacers are you using?
Some cheap amazon ones. Supposedly they’re 6061 aluminum with grade 10.9 studs. They are however hubcentric which was nice. Haven’t had any issues. I do make sure to check torque on the spacers when I rotate the tires and change the oil every 3k or so.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No rubbing at all, nothing. Plus these are really quiet tires.
Ok, Now that I have installed my 3" HRG lift, the rear tires rub against the struts. I have ordered 20mm spacers that should fix this. I chose 20mm because the rear tires and front tires will have the same offset look with this spacer.
I will post pics after.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok, Now that I have installed my 3" HRG lift, the rear tires rub against the struts. I have ordered 20mm spacers that should fix this. I chose 20mm because the rear tires and front tires will have the same offset look with this spacer.
I will post pics after.
Which spacers? I'm looking at evening out the front and rears too.

·
Registered
2008 Element LX AWD AT
6 Posts
225/75r16 scrubs on the outside with an et6 offset at stock height. And the back rubs the fender liner with weight.
That’s ~ 40mm spacer. 25mm should be fine. That leaves you 10mm more space than I had if the tire treads are all the same.
and you only rub when going near full lock (do you do a lot of u turns in residential neighborhoods? Probably not a big deal)

rock your tires with love
(I originally put this in another thread, but figured I'd update here as well)

I just pulled the trigger on a set of Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 245/70R17 with no lift and 20mm spacers (just in case) that will be mounted on those 17" (+40 offset) 2004 G35 sedan wheels. To be honest, I'm a little scared that I probably just wasted money, but I really wanted that tire, there was a $100 instant rebate (Discount Tire Direct) and I needed some regardless.

The E needs a new suspension anyway, so I may end up doing that as well with a 1" or 1.5" lift. Nothing major. Still, uggggggggggggggggggh.

I'm worried. 😅

1 - 17 of 17 Posts