Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was wondering if 235/70R16 tires will fit without rubbing on my 2004 Element, the original stock size tires is 215/70R16 which im sure you guys new already :cool: but a quick response will be helpful! my Older brother is going to give me his old tires he bought a few months ago and I just need to know if they will fit! thanks

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Stick with 225/70/16's
some manufactures tires measure different even if they are the same "numerical" size - manufacturing tolerances, etc.

Do a search on here, I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for
There are a couple of members that have the 235's from what I remember reading but I'm sure who's tires they are

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just put some 235/70/16s on my E. Yokohama Geolander AT-S. No rubbing at all. Close but no rubbing. absolute biggest size that will fit without modifications.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Others have posted that the P235/70 BFG/ATs rub, I think the experience with most brands in size P235 fit unless you plan on running chains or cables for those mountain passes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I run BFG Mud Terrains in 235/70/16 w/ NO RUBBING!

I'm not sure why anyone has rubbing issues with any 235/70/16 tire if you're running the correct offset. There maybe a tire or 2 beefier than mine, but I've never had any issues and I've had her loaded down. Noise factor is something to consider though, they're not subtle:D I have aftermarket rims with the factory offset, great deal from tirerack.com! good luck!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 SOP EX/AWD/MT
207 Posts
I installed 235s, and noticed very slight rubbing during compression (at speed) on the rear passenger tire.
Compression was enough to pop 2 plastic rivets from the wheel well.
This will become more of an issue with Passengers or additional weight in the Rear.

Either I need to drive slower, or maybe install a 1/4 spacer on the rear shocks to raise it a bit.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hankook Dynapro AT2, 235/70R16

No rubbing at all, great height increase and road stability. Even loaded down and on rutted roads or wheels locked left to right, nothing touches. I've got 150k and have done all the shocks etc so no suspension sag.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts