Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was wondering if 235/70R16 tires will fit without rubbing on my 2004 Element, the original stock size tires is 215/70R16 which im sure you guys new already :cool: but a quick response will be helpful! my Older brother is going to give me his old tires he bought a few months ago and I just need to know if they will fit! thanks

· Registered
8,791 Posts
Stick with 225/70/16's
some manufactures tires measure different even if they are the same "numerical" size - manufacturing tolerances, etc.

Do a search on here, I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for
There are a couple of members that have the 235's from what I remember reading but I'm sure who's tires they are

Reactions: TheFunBox

· Registered
313 Posts
I just put some 235/70/16s on my E. Yokohama Geolander AT-S. No rubbing at all. Close but no rubbing. absolute biggest size that will fit without modifications.

· Registered
58 Posts
I run BFG Mud Terrains in 235/70/16 w/ NO RUBBING!

I'm not sure why anyone has rubbing issues with any 235/70/16 tire if you're running the correct offset. There maybe a tire or 2 beefier than mine, but I've never had any issues and I've had her loaded down. Noise factor is something to consider though, they're not subtle:D I have aftermarket rims with the factory offset, great deal from tirerack.com! good luck!!

Attachments

· Super Moderator
2004 SOP EX/AWD/MT
552 Posts
I installed 235s, and noticed very slight rubbing during compression (at speed) on the rear passenger tire.
Compression was enough to pop 2 plastic rivets from the wheel well.
This will become more of an issue with Passengers or additional weight in the Rear.

Either I need to drive slower, or maybe install a 1/4 spacer on the rear shocks to raise it a bit.

· Registered
1 Posts

Hankook Dynapro AT2, 235/70R16

No rubbing at all, great height increase and road stability. Even loaded down and on rutted roads or wheels locked left to right, nothing touches. I've got 150k and have done all the shocks etc so no suspension sag.

· Registered
45 Posts
hey guys i was wondering if 235/70R16 tires will fit without rubbing on my 2004 Element, the original stock size tires is 215/70R16 which im sure you guys new already :cool: but a quick response will be helpful! my Older brother is going to give me his old tires he bought a few months ago and I just need to know if they will fit! thanks
How did it go with the 236 70R16's ? Do you have mud flaps?

· Registered
2,620 Posts
How did it go with the 236 70R16's ? Do you have mud flaps?
the original post was started many years ago, others on the forum have successfully used 235 70 16 sized tires with no rubbing. Some tires like the BFG KO2 all terrain tires dont fit because of the large blocky tread design, they probably would work fine with some spacers

my winter tires are 235 70 16 and fit no problem with factory sized wheels and offset

· Registered
3 Posts
the original post was started many years ago, others on the forum have successfully used 235 70 16 sized tires with no rubbing. Some tires like the BFG KO2 all terrain tires dont fit because of the large blocky tread design, they probably would work fine with some spacers

my winter tires are 235 70 16 and fit no problem with factory sized wheels and offset
Just to be sure...I have a stock 2004 E that I want to put 235/70/16 Open Country ATIII's on...you mention 'factory sized wheels and offset' are you saying your stock E wheels which I believe the offset is +45, or do you have a different sized wheel and offset to fit your tires?

· Registered
3 Posts
Just to be sure...I have a stock 2004 E that I want to put 235/70/16 Open Country ATIII's on...you mention 'factory sized wheels and offset' are you saying your stock E wheels which I believe the offset is +45, or do you have a different sized wheel and offset to fit your tires?
Sorry, I'll add that Tire Rack tells me that only 215/70/16 or 225/65/16 tires will fit my stock E wheels

· Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
2,037 Posts
Sorry, I'll add that Tire Rack tells me that only 215/70/16 or 225/65/16 tires will fit my stock E wheels
Tire Rack is wrong! I have had 225/75R16's on my '03 EX, stock wheels and stock ride height, for almost 2 years now and no issues at all. Rather, it's the perfect size for any stock Element!

Also, the consensus here is that most 235/70R16's will fit a stock Element as well. But some, and usually depending on whether or not they have an aggressive off road type tread, will have minor rubbing issues.

· Registered
3 Posts
Tire Rack is wrong! I have had 225/75R16's on my '03 EX, stock wheels and stock ride height, for almost 2 years now and no issues at all. Rather, it's the perfect size for any stock Element!

Also, the consensus here is that most 235/70R16's will fit a stock Element as well. But some, and usually depending on whether or not they have an aggressive off road type tread, will have minor rubbing issues.
Thanks, any photos to show me what they look like? Also, do you carry any heavy items in your E? I run a business with mine and sometimes it has some weight in it!

· Registered
2,620 Posts
I have a stock 2004 EX and the 235 70 16 tires I put on my car were on OEM honda steelies with the stock +45 offset, the tires are yokohoma snow tires, they fit with no rubbing issues

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.