Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into snow tires and rims and noticed a significant savings on 15" rims over 16". The 235/75/15 size seems to be about the same as a 235/70/16 for about 70 dollars less. I've seen the size mentioned in some of the threads here but no examples of real word application other than rubbing issues with improper offset. Anyone have firsthand experience with this tire size?

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I've been looking into snow tires and rims and noticed a significant savings on 15" rims over 16". The 235/75/15 size seems to be about the same as a 235/70/16 for about 70 dollars less. I've seen the size mentioned in some of the threads here but no examples of real word application other than rubbing issues with improper offset. Anyone have firsthand experience with this tire size?
Assuming no suspensions modifications, I would look for a wheel that is 6.5" to 7" wide that offers a +38mm offset. A wheel with these dimensions should work without rubbing with tire size 235/75-15. You'll also want to make sure that which ever wheel you get into is properly load rated and has enough brake clearance.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Please double think the 235 wide tires for the winter, I had 235's on mine last year and was all over the place, they were good blizzaks but my wifes 303hp impala ss had 215 wide blizzacks and were used at the same weight of the vehicle and I went thru everything, try to go with a smaller width, it really does help cut thru the snow.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Good advice, I was thinking they would look cool and were cheap, but nobody looks cool in the ditch! Maybe the summer tires...?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
235 for summer is just fine, I run 245 in the summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts