Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
According to what I've read on these forums that 245's will rub slightly.
personally i have 235's and can't imagine any larger size fitting without a problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You got a picture of your rig with the 235s?

Im wanna see what the assview look like..the stock E with 215s looks crappy from behind..I figure a wider and taller tire would give it a better look...

·
Registered
338 Posts
235 / 70 / 16 looks sweet - Real Sweet.

Check out Goodyear Fortera's .. they have an agressive sidewall pattern and roll smooth as can be.... They are made for SUVs.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yesterday was hazy overcast all day so any pics would've stunk!
Actually, overcast days are a great time to take photos. Clouds act as a diffuser and because there is no direct sunlight colors don't get washed out. And a little post-processing in photoshop can enhance the images nicely. It is much easier to get a good photo from an underexposed original than it is to get one from an overexposed original.

Uhh... but I guess this isn't really about photos is it...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Okay, my post is misleading... of course you can get great photos in sunlight. What I was trying to get across was that you can still get great photos on overcast days. Time of day and location also factor in the equation as well when shooting on sunny days. Whereas time of day is not as critical on overcast days.

For example, taking a photo at high noon on a cloudless sunny day in an open area will often give you a beautiful background, but your subject is a dark silhouette. But the same shot taken on an overcast day will yield better results on your subject. But I am dealing with pure digital, so it is easy to correct the lighting conditions in a photo editor. Film is not as easy unless you are a master of the darkroom!

I took one of your "cloudy day" photos and edited it to show you the difference a little digital darkroom can make. Below is the before and after. While the photo obviously wasn't taken in bright sunshine, the edited version is brighter, sharper, and has a lot more color. The sky almost seems blue as well...

Original - no processing other than resizing:

Edited - processed and resized:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts