Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so how much is a 32 gb touch (and gen) worth, used? mine is in excellent shap and has always had a rubber cover on it and a screen protector. take those two off and you could box it up and sell it as new, really. so what could i get for it?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I see them on craigslist for $200 and they sell, but the ones priced $250 and up, they get reposted all the time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Technology changes at the speed of light. Ipods and the like are tools and toys. They aren't meant to be investments that will appreciate over time. I don't mean to sound harsh, but that is the reality of tech.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nobody is looking for them to appreciate. it just kind of sucks that something that is like 9 months old and was the absolute best you could get at the time is now worth half what it was. not really suprised, still sucks.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I'd say you can get about $10 for it. But being the swell guy I am, I'll give you $15 for it. ;-)

·
Registered
557 Posts
I always wondered why they made them hold 15,000 songs or more...

did they really expect people to dump $15,000 on songs?... I have a 4 gig and then I keep the rest of my stuff on the CD's they came on, although I do like the I-touch... I'll wait for it to be $150.

·
Registered
8,753 Posts

did they really expect people to dump $15,000 on songs?... I have a 4 gig and then I keep the rest of my stuff on the CD's they came on, although I do like the I-touch... I'll wait for it to be $150.
Who actually buys songs? lol I have 25,000+ songs and have never purchased a CD in my life. My Sister and BIL both used to work in the music biz so I always had access to anything I ever wanted. :grin:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
198 Posts

A lot of people I know have a lot of music. Personally if I put all the music I have onto a player its easily over 8gb. It would be easy (and nice) to also just bring a player into my E with every song I own then a hand full of CDs. 8)

Also I back up all my CDs onto my computer because CDs can get scratched, stolen, etc.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
My 5th gen 30 gig iPod only fits about half of my music collection. I had to go make a big "best of" playlist to put on my 8gig touch.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Also I back up all my CDs onto my computer because CDs can get scratched, stolen, etc.
that's what I do. I already filled up 2 CD cases... they fit 250 each, and now i'm working on a third. I compile all my "favorite" songs off each CD to a hard drive, so that I can back up if something gets damaged. So only about 4 songs make it off each CD, then I carry about 10Cd's in the car and leave the IPOD hard-wired into the system all the time, unless I update it. I think 800 songs is enough to search through right now, on the current setup, then I just pop in CD's for something specific. I also have music ADD where I listen to a song right up to the part I want to listen to, then I change it. Pisses everyone off.:evil:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll trade you a wood-burning air conditioner for it.:grin:
sold to big al :grin:

why do you want to selll it?
thinking of going to the dark side and getting an iphone for me and mrs yoda. vader has been pushing it on me for a while now. ;-)

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I have both an iTouch and a Gen4 iPod and won't give up my iPod... can't stand the iTouch for music, only use it for games, internet and email. The drive is only 8gb, way too small to hold even a portion of my music. The only time I ever use it now is when we travel.
You and me both. I got mine with the recent "Buy a Mac for college and get a free iPod" promotion. Its primary function for me is as a PDA.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You and me both. I got mine with the recent "Buy a Mac for college and get a free iPod" promotion. Its primary function for me is as a PDA.
you mean the "help apple take the world over one ipod at a time" promotion? ;-)

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
you mean the "help apple take the world over one ipod at a time" promotion? ;-)
I drank that Kool-Aid about 10 years ago and never looked back. Plus that promo helped me convince Mrs. FCZ1 I should buy a new computer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts