Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago, someone mentioned that their new Element had 5 white high-density foam blocks glued under the spare tire cover to reduce squeeking. My daughter picked up her GG AWD 5speed toaday, and it has the next generation blocks - dark grey to match the color of the floor. Looks like they are positioned to hit the spare tire rim for extra suppport. I will see if extra blocks help.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I think these are meant to minimize the cargo floor cover cracks not the squeaking.

It would be great if you could post some pics.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Is Honda planning on adding these to Es that don't have these from the manufactor? Just curious beacsue I am sure they work better than my old beach towels.

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
I bought mine about 3 weeks ago. It has the grey blocks and a build date of 5/20. In another thread, someone else posted that the 5/4 build E also had the grey blocks for the rear floor.

·
Registered
79 Posts
[quote:e292e809e6="ElementalWon"]I just bought an Element Saturday. I will have to check mine out to see if it has the blocks.[/quote:e292e809e6]

UPDATE! Mine has 6 small square styrofoam type blocks under the "table top". I weigh 200lbs and have crawled on hands and knees over the tailgate and the spare tire and have heard no squeeks or cracks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts