Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local dealer has 5 of these - blue, black, and silver. Waddya think?

·
Registered
338 Posts
My gosh that sounds cheap. I don't think the DX has done as well as Honda thought it would... I know a DX at a dealer near me has been the only to sit around and around - a Silver DX.

You would get a heckuva Engine and powertrain for 14 Grand.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you don't need A/C or mind installing it later, or if you don't want the rear seat covers, electrical plug in the back, or the audio system - or are willing to customize yourself, that's a pretty sweet quote.

I would just watch out for the other sticker dealers like to put on their cars with the modifications they have installed.

The 5spd is a champ!

·
Registered
338 Posts
If a DX is your thing (no factory air), what are you waiting for ??

You get the Same Honda Engine. Same Transmission, same suspension,
same basic layout.... There are frills you don't get and one BIGGIE in the AIR - but that's a 6,000 dollar difference too.

For some that Six Grand may put the EX out of there budget range alltogether.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'd jump on that price. Power mirrors, ABS, EBD, AC, cruise control, a big stereo, different rear seats, bungee loops, a passenger side mirror, an overhead storage compartment, map lights, a passenger-side seat backpocket, an armrest, and alloy wheels aren't worth another six grand plus sales tax. Here on the edge of the desert, air is a must. But can't you add air for less than a grand? And with the DX you still get power windows and power door locks. Your $14K+ price sounds like a wonderful deal. Why don't you compare the DX price with the dealer's offer for the EX? We just got an EX 4WD, mainly because of the 4WD, air, mirrors, and alloys. Paid $23,736 out the door, including LoJack and CA sales tax at 7.75%. Compare your guess at the difference in resale values of the two cars, add interest on that difference at the loan rate less any tax advantage, and then you'll know whether the deal makes sense.(Even after all that the decision will be emotional anyway.) :p :p :p :lol: :lol: :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts