Honda Element Owners Club banner

261 - 265 of 265 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Thank you guys, very informative!
I do have a few questions stii, according to the information provided MPG give and take a few its about the same so that shouldn't be a deal breaker IMHO. Also all the extra goodies you get with the EX trim level its a plus.
I read all the comments about saving money going for the least expensive trim model but the good thing when you buy used is that you can go for the highest trim model for a fraction of the price and that i love.
Now my question are more tours the tranny:
Are they known to have problems transmission wise (Automatic or Standar)?

Any Grease Monkey out there? How hard is it to work on this babies, engine/tranny ect.?

Is the Element Engine and Tranny compatible with other Hondas and Acuras that you know off?

And my last question to save me time on searching, are the any mayor major deal breakers between getting a '03-'06 against
'07-'11 other than high miles?
I mention this cause why get a newer Element when i can get an older Model that was well taking care off for a fraction of the price.
Thanks a Million guys before hand! I havent been this excited about a car in a long time.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
> all the extra goodies you get with the EX trim level
N.B. the 4WD was available with any trim level, and did not come as standard with EX trim.

> last question to save me time on searching...
Please rethink this. You are asking people to answer questions that have been answered before. Enjoy your reading.

261 - 265 of 265 Posts