Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From TX, we went through, Louisianna, Alabama, stopped and had lunch with BigAl, what a treat, saw the big TV!:D, went on to Tenn & Virginia, then on the West Virginia to the Element meet. On the way we toured a cave, did a haunted house tour, a wax museum, a dinosaur park, saw some waterfalls, an indian village, and lots of hiking trails.

While in Harpers Ferry WV, we had some great times with the E-ple, had a golf cart ride, played putt putt with Nismos and Mrs. Nismo (he won, so he mustve cheated), went whitewater rafting with Nismo and Spotman--too much fun there!, went to DC and saw some monuments, visited historic Harpers Ferry, and a flea market and walked another hiking trail.

On the way home we were in a "historic" mood, so through Kentucky we stopped at Boonesbourrough and saw a replica fort, visited 2 more historic forts in KY and Tenn, and a 1700 actual house, which was partially restored but most of the house was original, that was a real treat and they did not allow pictures:x

We saw TONS of E's, the #1 color we saw most.....drumroll....SOP!:D #2 Galapagos, and #3 Satin Silver--actualy saw 3 Cargo Khakis:):cool:.

In KY we saw a campground sign, and went off the beaten track and found a small campground along the river, the owners name was Virgil, and we were slightly scared for our lives, imagining banjo music all night long.
But I'll have to say it was the nicest off all the parks, being so close the the river and the bathrooms were actuall spotless!;-)

Here are the pics!
1-3 Campground #1 Mississippi
#4-5 Campround #2 Alabama
#6 Visiting BigAl

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
#1 One of numerous walking trails
#2 Beautiful scenery during the walks
#3 Natural Bridge in VA
#4 More of Natural Bridge---my camera died right after this, so no more pics till I could charge the battery in WV--Mr. Jojo got some, I'll have to get those later.
#5 Campground #5 WV
#6 Washington DC

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
#1 Took 3rd place behind the weird pirate freak and the EOC main tent:D for the site decorating contest.
#2 Mr. Jojo was left alone and found a golf cart
#3 Why were there so many E's at the campground:confused:
#4 & #5 Historic Harpers Ferry
#6 Why are the Amish driving cars and stopping at rest stops:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
#1 Campground #8 in Tennesee
#2-3 Another Fort, this one also had people in period costumes answering questions and we were the only ones there.

#4 There we are!

On the way home we could NOT find a campground with an opening:-x Holiday weekend uggh! We stopped at a hotel, and were VERY tempted to still sleep in the TD;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I read the title of the thread to the wife and she said "WOWWWWW" Although it looks and sounds like you had a great time, even though you guys weren't always with me :D I bet it feels good to be home. What do you mean I cheated? I wasn't the one yelling "do over" :rolleyes: :D ;-)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Where is that Campground in KY? I might be able to take the wife and kids to that one.

You were right in my backyard and didn't call?!?

Nice pictures and it looks like a great road trip.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where is that Campground in KY? I might be able to take the wife and kids to that one.

You were right in my backyard and didn't call?!?

Nice pictures and it looks like a great road trip.
http://www.greenbrierriver.com/
Lookie there it was actually in WV! I was SO lost!:D

It really is hard to call people, 99% of the time we had no cell reception.
Hard to make plans to, because when Mr. Jojo's tired, he just finds the very next campground and thats where were staying!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Don't worry about it. If I ever go to Texas I will be sure to not call.;-)

That campground is way far from KY. You need to make sure you clarify that Banjo Music quote to reflect WV.

Fort Boonesborrough is just down the road from me. The campgrounds at the state park are nice and I have launched my boat a time or two from there. There is a classic restaurant just up the road from there that is known for their fried banana peppers and beer cheese. They are on the KY River and every time it floods they have it marked on the wall.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't worry about it. If I ever go to Texas I will be sure to not call.;-)
We get cell reception in TX;-)
That campground is way far from KY. You need to make sure you clarify that Banjo Music quote to reflect WV.
Gotcha, but can I still keep the KY accent? They say yellow, like "yella":lol:

Fort Boonesborrough is just down the road from me. The campgrounds at the state park are nice and I have launched my boat a time or two from there. There is a classic restaurant just up the road from there that is known for their fried banana peppers and beer cheese.
It was 9:00am when we visited there, too early to camp AND eat lunch:-(

They are on the KY River and every time it floods they have it marked on the wall.
Well I have (1) line:rolleyes: hope I never get another!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Awesome trip & photos. Was great fun getting together again.

·
Registered
262 Posts
WOW. Great trip. Thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 31 Posts