Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helping a friend install this 3 inch lift. Everything together but the rear wheels are so far forward they're rubbing.

I've read up some of what you guys have been doing and experiencing and I am only seeing hinted that the subframe has to come down some to realign the rear geometry.

I cannot seem to find if someone has already figured out the math or if there are already rear subframe spacers out there for purchase?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, awesome. Would a 1 inch trailing arm spacer be ok for this 3 inch lift? Thank you for the clarification

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found another one closer to home so am going to see if I can just go pick them up instead of shipping. Thanks again for clearing this up for me :)

·
Registered
03 4wd 5spd
28 Posts
Can’t say how much this corrects the problem on a 3” lift. I’m running aerogenics 2” front and 1” rear strut spacers with a 1” trailing arm spacer and it works great. I noticed with even a 1” spacer in the rear that the struts were not at a happy angle. Ended up putting on the trailing arm spacers to correct this problem. I love the billet pieces from aerogenics, but I kid you not the bolts I recieved for the trailing arm spacer weren’t long enough! Had to go buy my own bolts! Think they were 100mm. Cost about $20.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 1" trailing arm spacers absolutely were what I needed, thank you!

I do need wider than 20mm wheel spacers or skinnier tires. I have 32mm coming in then if I still cannot align this properly will be putting the 20mm back on and having the vehicle owner put on skinnier tires.

I'm not a fan of wheel spacers and 32 is a bit fat for my comfort zone.

Just wanted to update this as I hate finding unanswered questions on forums especially when it is a question I also have haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ended up going with super tall skinny tires, thank God for the cheetah! That way we could keep the 30" outside diameter but lost the 9.5" width and go down to less than 8" width.

The wheel spacers keep the stance the vehicle owner is looking for, although he would still prefer more spacer.

All but the right front I can align perfectly on alignment rack.

Even with the new camber bolt I am outside spec on camber on right front. Going to look for better front camber bolt options or if there's a kit for the strut top or control arm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts