Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks.

Someone asked about the fog cover 3D print files I made and I realized there may be other 3D print files that are element related coming out of the forum.

Maybe they should all live in one place? Any ideas on a good non image file host that would survive any one of us being hit by a bus?

Anyway, I’m going to dump them here when I get back to my laptop and figure out hosting.

Here’s the little fuel door ghosts. ? I’m printing them with a semi flexible filament, but I may be able to tweak a few things to make it work with a stiff filament.

Before and after.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I know someone had made a center console insert that allows for a canteen and a phone cubby, I tried to look for it but couldn’t find the thread again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
08 EX AWD
9 Posts
Here's 3d printer file for a Nalgene holder that my son just built up and printed for me. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey folks.

Someone asked about the fog cover 3D print files I made and I realized there may be other 3D print files that are element related coming out of the forum.

Maybe they should all live in one place? Any ideas on a good non image file host that would survive any one of us being hit by a bus?
Do you have the files for the fuel door bumpers? Or did I just miss them somehow?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Saw this for those wanting to do the table with the spare tire cover.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh - absolutely. Sorry to keep y'all waiting.

Share freely. I just don't want to have to stop what I'm doing to ship one for less than $10. Print a ton. Give them to everyone you see with a honda. Sell them for less ;P go forth and be prosperous.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for the file. Printed a pair in TPU on my Prusa Mini. Chose to do TPU to flex around the "T" on the gas door where the old ones used to be.

Little hairy/stringy but worked great. Only concern is the lower on drags/rubs on the fender when you open the filler door. But they work great. Quieter when closing and gap is gone.
20200320_123039.jpg 20200320_123313.jpg 20200320_123234.jpg 20200320_123325.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thee look exactly like the ones I print. I was going for a soft plastic too. I'm gonna try an ABS mix and see if it still will pop on and off.

With your concern, I can shrink the belly a little bit. That should fix it (and the file should automatically update)

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I shrank the belly a little bit on them. I'm going to try with firm filament to see how the file plays.

Seems like a good small test to run before pressing play on face shield hardware.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
1 - 14 of 14 Posts