Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
06 EX AWD Rallye Red
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was feeling inspired after doing the side indicator-blinker mod and rallied my lackluster electrical skills to do a 3rd brake light flasher. This was super easy with a kit that I got from This company: Universal Brake Light Flasher/Strober - M1 model [FLSHR_M1] - $19.95 : 3rd Brake Flasher Web Site

The cover for the 3rd brake light comes off in a jiffy and you just need to pull back some sheathing from the connector to uncover the positive and ground wires going to the light. If it's not obvious, the solid black wire is the ground. (Which you will have to splice the device into). The kit includes a quick splice and two bullet connectors. Perhaps I don't have the right tools (and definitely not the expertise) to figure it out but I could not get their connectors to crimp or wires to fit in the quick splice. So I just used some leftover supplies from the blinker mod. I think this will take your average person about twenty minutes (Even though it took me almost an hour). The device is really cool in that it lets you customize exactly what flashing pattern you want, how fast it flashes, and how many times it flashes. Currently I have it pulsing three times within about a half a second then going solid, I may back that down to two flashes. I know its pretty hard to rear-end a giant red box, but I really don't want that to happen as I love my Element. At the end, it all packs up super clean and you would not know its in the housing.

Here is video of it in action:

*Attached photo was just as I mocked it up. My electrical tape does not look quite that bad. Almost that bad, but not quite.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cool. There are also flashing LED brake bulbs you can get, IIRC, that can just plug right in to the 3rd brake light socket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts