Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
literally JUST got my E (650kms on her) and i notice in 3rd gear that the stick vibrates, as if its not sitting right in its place and is almost rubbing against the gears.

has anyone else had this problem? is it a minor adjustment to have it fixed? its driving me crazy. there is no such issue in any other gear.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
How do you notice this vibration? Is it visible or do you feel it when you put your hand on it?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i just put a hand/finger on it. its not visible to the naked eye, but its obvious in lower RPMs, almost feels like its part way out of gear, or wants to be.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
when i just put a hand/finger on it. its not visible to the naked eye, but its obvious in lower RPMs, almost feels like its part way out of gear, or wants to be.
Then keep your hand off the shifter!

There, problem solved.:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, its not the weight of my hand or finger on it that moves it, but thanks for playing ;)

i'm thinking it may need just a tiny adjustment, but i'm going to let it slide for another while to see if it gets better or worse. I was hoping others had a bit more input.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If it is still under warranty, I would take it in. We could speculate all day and really would just be guessing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its only 5 days since delivery! definitely under warranty!

i'll talk to the service manager at the local place and see what they say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts