Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Any recommended sites for all these parts you've replaced? I'm ready to hit 100k and I need to start stock piling.
I originally would get most of my parts from Majestic Honda, www.hondaautomotiveparts.com. Then, cause of my company, I got a wholesale account at a local dealer. Majestic is selling parts to anyone at wholesale prices, you just have to pay for shipping. I also get a few things from Advance Auto Parts but I always get the best quality. Especially brake pads, always ceramic. One recent exception was the starter. Honda didn't have a new one in stock and I'm not impressed with the Honda remanned one so I got a remanned one from Advance cause it had a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I originally would get most of my parts from Majestic Honda, www.hondaautomotiveparts.com. Then, cause of my company, I got a wholesale account at a local dealer. Majestic is selling parts to anyone at wholesale prices, you just have to pay for shipping. I also get a few things from Advance Auto Parts but I always get the best quality. Especially brake pads, always ceramic. One recent exception was the starter. Honda didn't have a new one in stock and I'm not impressed with the Honda remanned one so I got a remanned one from Advance cause it had a lifetime warranty.
Thanks pal...I'm getting ready to hit 100k and ready to keep my toaster for quite time. I wanted to make sure I get the best parts. My Gf's brother insisted that I stick with honda fluids. Differentials, transmission, ect because the way Honda design there vehicles. He said they better perform in the long run. This site is going to come in handy. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have stuck with Honda transmission and power steering fluids but not brake, coolant and oil. I've had zero problems with coolant labeled "mixes with all colors". No one seems to carry halogen fluid though, might be why I go through so many headlight bulbs.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Locksmith. Duly impressed with the 400,000 + miles. Good maintenance pays. Know most of your miles are in city so that raises the bar higher. Looking forward to hearing about the 500K. Keep on driving.

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you always forget the halogen fluid, covering the bulb in pink highlighter liquid prior to install works wonders on life extension. Make sure its the pink and not yellow, a lot of cars have the yellow highlighter and it just doesn't cut the mustard.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Locksmith is my idol....I "only' have 150k on my 2008 EX auto 2WD .... hoping to go at least 200k with this Element - I love it !

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
80. Cam chain and guides. (which lead to)

81. Oil pump chain, tensioner and guide. (which led to bending an intake valve, which led to)

82. Pulling the head to get re-manned.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Without a doubt!!!!!! If you are ever on FB you will see that we have already been honoring your accomplishment on the Bring Back The Element Page. ;-)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
We'd probably have over a year to plan it. You gonna drive all the way over here from Cali or you wanna meet half way? Or better yet, if there was one place in the country to roll over the odo where would it be? I'm thinking the Grand Canyon. Or Yosemite if it hasn't blown up by then.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So, should we throw a huge party at 500k?
Y - and if you do we could do it in Central Florida so the Down South Element Owners could attend too .

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have stuck with Honda transmission and power steering fluids but not brake, coolant and oil. I've had zero problems with coolant labeled "mixes with all colors". No one seems to carry halogen fluid though, might be why I go through so many headlight bulbs.
i was going thru about a bulb every 6 months (i do a LOT of night driving)... nearly 2 years ago, i switched to LED...haven't changed one since. they were 160$ at the time...pretty much already paid for themselves... i just bought a different brand of LED for my tacoma a few months ago when one of the bulbs went out... 99$, and WAAAAAYYYY better than my 160$ set.

i'm gonna order a set of these for the rallement pretty soon. they're SOOOO BRIGHT! brighter than halogen, for sure. more like HID. and last forever. you WILL need to adjust your headlight height if you get em tho.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Damn, I forgot to update my list.

84. Rear control arms, bushings and stabilizer bar links.

85. Redesigned the interior work space, again.

86. My very first brand new key machine. I've used the same one for over 20 years and it was used when I got it.

Oooo shiny.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Totally impressed with you and your E. You have how many now? 6 if I/m not mistaken. Man knows a good thing when he sees it. You figure where you'll be at 500K and I'll try and find a bike race I have to attend close by and will be happy to meet up with you. The key(pun) is to give us a bit of notice.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts