Honda Element Owners Club banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I'm up to 8 now and it's getting harder and harder to find them at a reasonable price around here. It's my own damn fault though. I've skewed the market.

I don't think I'll be rolling 500k for at least another year so we've got time.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
I noticed your temp gauge has the same reading as mine. Mine never moves; from AZ summers to cooler (we don't have cold here) temps, running at 80 up mountains, whatever. Just stays in the same place.
se
Ditto. If it didn't start at C then I would think it was broken. never crosses over half heat. AZ summer with the AC blasting going up the hill on 17 towards Flagstaff in 4th gear so that I don't have to slow down.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Temp gauge is so buffered, that I consider it useless. I monitor the coolant temp with scan gauge II, the dash reading never changes and matches with the actual temp.

They do this to prevent owners from freakin out when the a/c and rad fan is off, coolant temp rises to 225 and then the rad fan turns on.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I will be rolling over to 100K sometime in the next 30 days. Hope I can get 500K out of it. There is really nothing much left on the market that offers the AWD and stick shift as well as a big box for a camping, bike hauling and transporting the dogs around.

I'm up to 8 now and it's getting harder and harder to find them at a reasonable price around here. It's my own damn fault though. I've skewed the market.

I don't think I'll be rolling 500k for at least another year so we've got time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got a looooong ways to go. Bought mine at 27k in 2012 (second vehicle for local millionaire so crazy low miles) and am only at 63k now. I'm averaging 11k a year. At that rate, I'll have this baby until I die!

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Darth Raider

Yep, back in July. Up to 503 now.[/

Pierre, I have always been a FAN and I will continue to be a Cheerleader of your unequaled Element excellence!!!! ~Chief[

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Pierre, I have always been a FAN and I will continue to be a Cheerleader of your unequaled Element excellence!!!! ~Chief[[/quote]

Aw shucks Chief... you got a schweet ride yourself you know.

·
Registered
63 Posts
...but I believe the original lasted over 300k miles.
sweeet! i am currently at 187k and that makes me feel alright. I baby my element and stay on top of all preventative maintenance stuff. I have AAA and travel the country alot but its good knowing this starter could potentially give me another 100k. I really believe honda went all out on quality with the elements, i hear stories left and right on how they go the extra mile.

Sweet line up btw!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Great post- 500k miles, means mine has a lot of life left!
My , new-to-me, 2005 Element LX has 234,000 miles on it-
Things replaced by 1st owner, electric window regulators, starter, alternator, radiator, A/C compressor, condenser, struts all the way around, brakes-rotors, O2 senors, radiator fan, condenser fan-, valve adjustment 50K ago, plugs 60k ago, transmission fluid 2x, a couple sepentine belts, BUT not fixed, drivers door lock - I am ordering the Honda keyless remote add-on relay and fobs from Amazon - about $100-
fixed yesterday- condenser fan wasn't working- zero ohms reading- ordered a new one from Amazon for $42 and replaced it in 30 minutes.
next- drain transmission fluid- replace with Honda tranny oil, oil and filter change, replace spark plus and check resistance readings on the coil packs.

·
Registered
94 Posts
added: replaced the radiator- the plastic top cap had coolant seepage. I think I am OK on repairs for awhile- the oil consumption is looking to be a Qt in 1500-2000 miles.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts