Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i LOVE IT!

the night of my purchase, the driver's side door lock wouldn't work.

i was MORE than upset, my wife calmed me down.

its in getting fixed now, and i sprung for the keyless entry.

these things happen, its minor and doesn't detract from how BLOWN AWAY i am by this vehicle.

the interior is awe inspiring. most people i show it to HATE it, until i show them the flexible interior. then, they understand the value.

i think the engine/power is perfect. as other's have said, good thing for cruise control...i don't need another ticket.

rating:

10/10!!!!!!!!

fred

· Registered
11 Posts
36 hours after buying mine, I'm right there with you!

Took it home where I had accessories waiting for me, installed bug deflector, big armrest, and keyless and some new (actually, older, but better than stock) speakers.

Love it!

· Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Congrats....and don't worry the "feeling" you get does not go away! Today is my E's 4 month birthday with me, and I just see my E and smile....and when I get behind the wheel...wwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
And, my husband still fights with me over who gets to drive!

Happy Motoring!

· Registered
176 Posts
i'm, oh, 3 months into my ownership, and i'm right there with ya.

the thing's got its problems but hell, i love my e. best purchase i've made so far in my relatively short life. it fits me to a t- bare-bones simple, yet versatile :)

· Registered
159 Posts
Almost 6 weeks here and I love my E more every day. I still go out in the garage some nights and just sit in it and smile a lot. Problems??? What problems???? A couple of minor aggravations, but no problems !!!! Most of the joy is driving this vehicle but a close second is showing its features to the uninitiated. Its fun to see them realize why I love it so much.

· Registered
67 Posts
Amen He-Man...

I've had my E for almost 3 months and I've shown it to soo many people I should get paid to Sell them. Not that I'd sink that low.. j/k Sales ppl are great. I live on an Air Force Base, and most nights if I can't sleep I walk down the 4 flights of stairs of my Dorm building and I sit in front of my E and smile and think about the fun I'm going to have with it.

· Registered
43 Posts
:oops: Thank god im not the only one who goes and sits in there E daily i got my ukulele in da back and a few surf magazines i recline da back seats and look at da stars at night :wink: ya made me feel alot better!

As for da 10/10 ratinmg i also give it a 10/10 today i have had my ELEMENT for 1 week and i still love it as much as i did when i got it! no probmes yet almost put 500 miles on it in da 7 day period. (Thats alot for me!)

:p i through my Dahui decal on last night!

· Registered
67 Posts
When I first got my E back in July the first week I had it I put a little over 900 miles on it.. I had a blast.. drove down to the Ohio River in Cincinatti, then all the way up to Cedar Point in Sandusky (Ohio) long drive with my 14 yr old brother with me.

· Registered
118 Posts
That must be you I saw last week around 7am on Texas St. I have a NPB I drive everyday and park south of the DOE compound in the lot east of Pennsylvania. Stop by some day, we'll compare notes. :wink:

· Registered
67 Posts
I'm still not all that familiar with this base. If possible we could meet somewhere like McDonalds, or something.. :D :lol:

· Registered
15 Posts
Celebrating my 1-week anniversary tomorrow. NBP 2WD Auto (gotta learn the right acronyms!). I get 2 looks from people on the road: 1)"eww...What the heck is THAT?" and 2)"ooo...what the heck is THAT?"

I've only seen 4 other Es in the DFW area this last week (which includes about 450 cruising miles). I'm the first kid on MY block with one.

In case you're wondering, I like it. Definitely the car for my lifestyle.

jr

· Registered
92 Posts
I've had mine 8 months and I STILL have that feeling of joy when I first got it. It is very refreshing to leave the office after a hard day at work, and look at my E and smile because I know I'll be in it for 45 minutes.

I have people coming up to me all the time to ask about it. Great feeling!

(Hey jimbob_texas, nice picture... good use of cover. IDPA? I'm an RO up in NH.)

· Registered
19 Posts
I have just taken delivery of a 6 month old EX 4WD, not so unusual you'd think, however I live in the UK and believe it to be the first E in this country. Added to the buying price was shipping $1750, and UK taxes $5,600 !!!
Driving back from the docks today it turned a lot of heads. the handling feels quite firm (no wallowing) and the engine surprisingly crisp for a 4cyl. Just got to get it through Transport approval, to be steet legal (headlights dip other side, fit rear fog light etc.etc.but can't make it right-hand drive) First impressions; Expensive, a lot of paperwork hassle, but sooo practical andGREAT FUN to drive !
:D

2003 EX 4WD AUTO Shoreline mist

· Registered
15 Posts
[quote:549cfd9f81="jimbob_texas"]
I've only seen 4 other Es in the DFW area this last week (which includes about 450 cruising miles). I'm the first kid on MY block with one.
jr[/quote:549cfd9f81]

Update - the neighbor 2 doors down pulled up in front of his house this afternoon with the exact same model! Jealousy is a motivating factor, I reckon. :wink:

Yep! - IDPA...check us out at http://www.tdsa.net

jr

· Registered
87 Posts
British Element, post some pics of your E in Britain if you can.

Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.