Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was reading the instructions for the security system install and I was wondering where I could get the nessasary 5.5mm and 8mm drill bits? All I have in my tool box is a generic set of 11 drill bits. I found a conversion chart for drill sizes, but nothing I have comes close to the 5.5mm or 8mm requirement.

Any info would be helpful.

-Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I just moved to Boston and I have no idea where the nearest Sears is. I tried Home Depot, I couldn't find it myself, I asked but the guy didn't know what "metric" was and neither did his manager.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Didn't know what metric was? WHAT IDIOTS!

Well, Sears has what you need.
Go to the sears web site, they should have a locater to find one close to you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe 8mm is about 5/16. That is what I used for the Rear Deflector install. You can go up and down from there

-jds

·
Registered
2 Posts
:wink: YOU CAN IMPROVISE OR YOU CAN GET THE ACTUAL METRIC BITS. TRY tools-plus.com AND JUST TYPE "METIC DRILL BITS" INTO THEIR SEARCH. THEY HAVE HANSON BITS IN THE SIZES YOU WANT.

·
Registered
8 Posts
uhhhhh..

hehehehe

too much planning, not enough doing...

I find myself doing that a lot when I'm glued to the computer when I should be OUTSIDE or actually GETTIN' IT DUN

lol ---> you musta ran across a couple o' real stoners over there at the local Home Depot!

·
Registered
211 Posts
inspiron...feel lucky that the U.S. did not buy into changing EVERYTHING in your life to metric in the 1970s. We Canadians have to deal with this crap everyday :x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts