Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
US/Canada and still counting. Shipped the 2007 Element to California from Hawaii. From California its Nevada,Oregon,Washington, then every provi
dence in Canada. And I mean every providence, be it Labrador, Newfoundland, Yukon (arctic circle), Northwest Territories.

Bought Michelin tires at Costco, Hawaii and had them rotated, repaired every 5-6000 miles at Costco as I traveled(no cost).
Removed the back seats which allowed me to sleep in the vehicle as I traveled. If I spent more then 2 days in one place then a 4-man tent was used.

The only complaint I have with the Element is the lack of clearance on the bottom end. I scraped it numerous times getting off/on ferries, dirt/gravel roads. There are some plastic parts that are still hanging on only through Duct tape and nylon ties. If there is a solution out there for getting the vehicle higher off the ground, I would love to hear about it.

Had to replace both the back and front windows from rock damaged. When I go back north again in 2010 the front window is a sure bet to be replaced again. Does anyone know where I can get a protective screen for the back window?

Also I purchased a Thule roof carrier to get some of the gear out of the vehicle allowing just a bit more freedom to move around in.

There is a blog out there covering my travels, if interested, give me a shout.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
There is a blog out there covering my travels, if interested, give me a shout.
and pictures..........................................
wow is all I can say, you do get around

·
Registered
562 Posts
sounds like a good time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts