Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a fairly inexpensive car wax that I found on the net that has a 100% moneyback guarantee to last for 5 years. :shock: Has anyone tried this? Their site states that it is used by the US Navy on a Radar system. Any problems or concerns? It would be nice to only wax once every 5 years!! I personally don't believe that it will last that long. Has anyone tried it?? :wink:

Here is their Link [url]http://www.5starshine.com[/url]

·
Registered
608 Posts
Ranger1,

I don't know much about it, but I would really worry about a product that says it will last with one wax for 5 years. Most of these type of products that offer a 100% money back guarantee usually are out of business prior to the time you would get thru court trying to get your money back. While I can't and won't say that is the case with this one, I just don't konw the company or the product.

There have been a bunch of places over the years that claim to have found the fountain of youth for your car's exterior, all have been nothing but snake oil.

If anyone has found anything that really, really works, please let us know.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I really doubt "5 year" claim. From what I've been told, even the very best car waxes will actually "melt" off your car on a hot summer day. Summers here in Oklahoma have many 100+ degree days, so I had to wax my car often. If it were me, i would just stick to a high quality wax or glaze and apply it on a regular basis. My personal favorite for shine and durability is MOTHERS CALIFORNIA GLAZE.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Consumer Reports did a wax test back in 5/2000 and the top four brands are listed below.

1 Zymol Cleaner Wax
2 Prestone Bullet Wax
3 Nu Finish Car Polish
4 Armor All Car Wax

Prestone & Armor All had the best durability and Zymol and Nu Finish had the higher shine.

Enjoy

·
Registered
493 Posts
It was used by the U S Navy on a RADAR system? So, what does THAT prove??? I'm sooo confused!

·
Registered
894 Posts
What would you wax on a "radar system" and why? The dish?

Iskie

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering also if anyone has used the 5 Star Shine wax as well. My co-worker said that she read something about it in a San Jose newspaper. The Navy uses the wax, I assume for parts that will be under the water maybe? I dont' know. But if anyone finds out anything about this product...please let me know.

Joillus

1 - 8 of 8 Posts