Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Doesn't this exceed Honda's maximum production capacity when projected over a 12 months period? Seems like I read somewhere that the max production is around 70,000 per year, or did I dream that? :D

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Honda should send thank you cards to all of the happy E owners that helped them break their may record!!!!

Also....after reading the article I am curious of one thing....they mentioned that Civic sales were down last month, perhaps it is because that 5% bought Elements???? I know we originally back in January when we started car shopping we were going to buy a new civic....over the next three ve months I fell in love with the E....hubby was still pushing the Civic....but as usual I got my way! I guess I am just curious if it is a trend? The Element (4WD EX Auto) was slightly higher than the Civic EX fully loaded, but the insurace rates were lower on the Element, so it all balanced out!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would bet that the first couple of official "sales" months were low enough to keep the Element either right on target or under. But then, I imagine the sales of a brand new car, when charted by month, looks like the good half of a bell curve.
Well regardless, it's always good business practice to keep damand just slightly ahead of supply. Look what happened to the Thunderbird. Everyone who wanted one got one, and it's common to find cars a year old that are still on the lot.
When I bought my Element, I called several places within a 4 hour radius from my house, and everyone but Baton Rouge had more than 4 Elements of various configuration sitting on the lot. Was it like this in other parts of the country?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hunter-

That was how it was here in St. Louis back in March when we bought ours. Most dealerships had 10-15 Es on the lots, the exception being the smallest Honda dealer in the area which only had one E.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Count us in on that 5% that were looking to probably add a new civic to our family but were then swept away by the versatility and potential of the element!

·
Registered
42 Posts
one more here too...

as a former civic owner, i wanted antother, mostly due to its familiarity and awesome gas mileage...

now i LOVE my element...just over 1800 miles in 3 weeks...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pretty much same here in that we were seriously looking at another accord..Black E was just too versatile and practical to pass up. So ya gotta figure that Civic and Accord would suffer a bit to shape up the sales that the E is showing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts