Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fix for me!
I went round and round And did everything more or less what everyone posted on this club. Here is what fixed it. The 12v switch( I believe it’s the oil pressure switch)that turns on the pressure solenoid valve( in heat shield pack. Switch and solenoid valve together) had a bad connection. I ACCIDENTALLY stumbled upon this after testing for voltages and continuity ( testing harnes)and 3000 rpm signals with fluke meter. I made custom test wires from a copy machine harness to put my alligator clips on for readings. I even cleaned the connections with electronic oxidation cleaner and applied dialectric grease ( DID NOT FIX It after all the contact cleaning. Lol) So my Only CONCLUSION Is that when I stuck my Copy machine Tiny connectors down inside The top male side pocket of the pressure switch I accidentally bent the post outward just enough to make better connection (2 posts pins) So therefore when you put the harness switch top back on it’s makes a better connection. Drove the **** out of it. Slow and very fast. City driving etc. it’s been a working over a week now!!! In addition this“ VSA !“ would come back very frequently. NOT SHOWING up at now. Works awesome. You got me😜

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Honda released a technical service bulletin to replace the oil pressure switch. The switch is used to tell the ECM that oil pressure has applied the v-tec control valve. Easy to test the switch, it should have 0 ohms across the 2 terminals and go open when pressure applied.

Engine - MIL ON, DTC's P2646, P2651, P2647, P2652

13-021

September 16, 2015

49031-02409 Version 3

MIL Comes ON with DTC P2646/P2651 or P2647/P2652
(Supersedes 13-021, dated February 28, 2013, to revise the information highlighted in yellow or by asterisks)

Open In New TabZoom/Print

AFFECTED VEHICLES

REVISION SUMMARY

Under REPAIR PROCEDURE, illustrations in step 2 specific to 2008 12 Accord PZEV were added along with additional FRT.

SYMPTOM

The MIL comes on with one of these DTCs:

^ P2646/P2651 (rocker arm oil pressure switch circuit low voltage).

^ P2647/P2652 (rocker arm oil pressure switch circuit high voltage).

NOTE:
The symptom may be intermittent and you may not be able to duplicate it after clearing the DTC.

POSSIBLE CAUSES

The rocker arm oil pressure switch may fail intermittently.

CORRECTIVE ACTION

Replace the rocker arm oil pressure switch.

PARTS INFORMATION

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I heard about. Replaced it. Thanks for the resistance number!I say I had a goofy connection problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts