Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Element has a total cargo capacity of 675 lbs. that includes people, cargo, etc. Is this some kind of joke? For 4 people, each one would have to weigh 168 lbs. or less!! :roll: This is America we're talking about. What active guy in America ever tops out at 168 lbs.? What about his buddies? What about all four after an all you can eat at Pancho's?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm 6' and 220lbs... and I don't think of myself as a "big guy" by any means ~ I'm built like most every American male... this same topic's always kinda struck me as "DUH!" on the part of Honda...

My shop has 4 total employees... technically, only 3 of us could go to lunch together becuase the 4th guy would put us into 800lb territory

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've posted other experiances with the weight limits. It would be nice to have the specs on Honda's posted recommendation of 675.

Basically, - I driven (5 spd - so I really feel the differences) with more than the 650lbs. It seems to be more in the distribution of the weight. When most of the weight was in the center of the car - I really felt the drag and was glad it was just a couple of blocks. Changed the heavier weight to the front seat and the car handled much better.

Felt a slight drag when I had my husband in the front and 150 lbs of feed in the cargo area.

Since I come from the Land of the Giants - we are all large and tall this scenario will present itself more often.

I felt the same thing with 2 passengers in my Civic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts