Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So i just got my 2007 EX the other day with a stock bass but realized i was going to need more than the 6.5 woofer could provide. i didn't want to have 2 12''s loose in the back either because i like the stock looks and wanted to keep it that way. With this in mind i got to work on ideas on how to fit an 8" sub into my E without having anything 'aftermarket' looking this is what i came up with.

1.Remove sub and cab.

2. Get an 8" sub my case got a good deal on a fosgate.
3. had to make the factory hole a wee bit larger.

4.Mounted the sub in place and sealed it real good with dynomat.

5. Now that the sub is in the stock sub grill fits right over the new sub. currently i just have the stock sub cords plugged into the new sub but hopefully in a few days i'll have the time to install an amp to drive it to it's potential.

·
Registered
836 Posts
so are you able to put the grill back on and have everything look like it just rolled off the lot or will the sub always show like the last picture?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep the original grill piece fits right in. It was a close fit though i had to bend back the edges of the sub a few degrees back to get it to fit.

·
Registered
557 Posts
If you had to bend the edges back, I bet the grill touches the surround, and therfor sounds like rattling garbage while it plays. Just an experienced observation from my own DIY mistakes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha alright guys i'll post one up tomorrow i'll take a pic of the cover i just finished wiring up my amp and it's 2:15 in the morning here.

Was anybody aware that if you wire your amp with speaker wire inputs opposed to RCA that you do not have to run a remote wire? unless there is some other thing up with my amp.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ElementFanatic I did bend the edges back but i could of wedged the cover back on it just bowed out a little bit. When the cover goes on now there is still space between the front of the grill and the woofer. in fact it sits deeper than the original sub because of how the cover is built getting narrow toward the front.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Awesome! I don't even have a sub in my LX, kinda want one but at the same time kinda don't. Not a music nut as long as I've got a variety. Thats why I installed a x910bt and no system yet lol. Yours looks great though!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Interesting, I was considering doing this as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts