Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have their E done on 90,000 miles service? I'm almost there on my 2005 SOP EX.
What I get done so far.
Dealer - Oil & Filter change every 5000 miles

Costco - Tire rotation when I have time (Still or BF goodrich since 36,000 miles)

Myself - Air & Cabin filter replace every 20,000 miles.

My Mechanic friend - Differential fluid change 2 times (36,000 and 70,000 miles)

What should I get done at 90,000 miles or wait until 100,000 miles?

Timing chain, drive belt, water pump, spark plugs, coolant, etc?????

I'd like to keep this E as long as possible since my kid is really love her. He will get the handed-over E when he turn 16 which is 1-2 more years.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
You don't have to worry about the timing chain but you are getting close to the valve adjustment and spark plug replacement time. I would also think about the drive belt replacement soon. I am close to the same mileage on mine and the drive belt still looks good with no cracking but I will still replace it this summer while I do the coolant replacement and valve adjustment and I already replaced the spark plugs but don't know why as the old ones still looked pretty good. Refer to the owners manual on the service intervals. Plan on keeping this E unless the new Gen has a Diesel.:)

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm at 83k and some change and I'm about to do the 80k maintenance, what's all involved with that?

·
Registered
707 Posts
See 2005 owner's manual, pages 164-166
Ok thanks Dan but it turns out I don't need the 80k maintenance sense it's just rotating the tires and an oil change and an undercarriage inspection, I talked to the dealer today. I got my oil changed and tires rotated about a month ago so I'll just wait till I hit 90k for the more in depth maintenance.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Anyone have their E done on 90,000 miles service? I'm almost there on my 2005 SOP EX.
What I get done so far.
Dealer - Oil & Filter change every 5000 miles

Costco - Tire rotation when I have time (Still or BF goodrich since 36,000 miles)

Myself - Air & Cabin filter replace every 20,000 miles.

My Mechanic friend - Differential fluid change 2 times (36,000 and 70,000 miles)

What should I get done at 90,000 miles or wait until 100,000 miles?

Timing chain, drive belt, water pump, spark plugs, coolant, etc?????

I'd like to keep this E as long as possible since my kid is really love her. He will get the handed-over E when he turn 16 which is 1-2 more years.

What about tranny fluid?? Do you have an auto or manual?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I just did my 90k service on Friday and I only had 85,625

on the Odometer. The cost is a bit high but it's worth it, it came to a total of $373.23 with no additional repairs.

Here's a list of what they checked

-Inspected brake system
-Drive axle boots
-steering gear and linkage
-suspension components
-Tie rods/tie rod ends
-oil change
-lubricated all hinges, latches and doors locks
-oil filter
-rotated tires
-replaced air filter
-replaced auto trans fluid