Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says...

These are being released at International CES in a few days. Final testing was done and these are good to go.

The 70-7863 harness is a complete integration solution for the 03-up Element EX/SC with factory amplifier and aux jack. All harnesses are included for the total integration solution (excluding antenna adaptor needed on the newer E's only) without having to splice or cut ANY wiring.

The 95-7863 is a double DIN solution for all years of Element.

As promised the EOC community is the first to know as CES is a few days from open. Feel free to start asking your local supliers for them :-D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
WOW!! Good stuff Yoda. It looks like your sub adapter is "OFFICIAL"!!

I do have a question for ya. You say that the new double DIN adapter
is for ALL year Es, but I thought that they changed the shape of the
radio in 06 or 07. That makes the U shaped trim piece that goes around
the radio different. Does this new piece somehow fix that??

Good work on getting the sub adapter out to the mass market!!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW!! Good stuff Yoda. It looks like your sub adapter is "OFFICIAL"!!

I do have a question for ya. You say that the new double DIN adapter
is for ALL year Es, but I thought that they changed the shape of the
radio in 06 or 07. That makes the U shaped trim piece that goes around
the radio different. Does this new piece somehow fix that??

Good work on getting the sub adapter out to the mass market!!
The 70-7863 includes the aux connector as well as the sub harness and the harness from the 1725 that has rcas instead of speaker level inputs.

The 99-7863 and 95-7863 include the "u" shaped trim that goes around the radio trim so it doesn't matter what year you have. It is unpainted and shaped like that of the older LX models so if you want to use an older painted (ex) trim you can space the bottom out 1/4 inch to make it work on those as well.

The very first 99-7863's didn't have the u shaped panel included but that was like 6 years ago now. They have had them for a long time now

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yoda,

The 70-7863 includes all of the harness, can we purchase the Sub adaptor separately?

Since I already have the antenna adaptor and harness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
OMFG tonight was my install and I just crimped all my parts for harness, was about to splice sub cable and came here to make sure I had the right wire colors and I see this.... Where can I get it before I start splicing?

What timing... I wonder if the ebay shop i bought this from would swap it out :(

Unless the above question has an answer... really all i need is the sub adapter.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as of now they are only available as a package. It was designed to be a complete solution for the Element. Also, some other honda/acura models use the same connector as the subwoofer harness in the Element, but they arent the same pinout or input type, so the harness for the sub would possibly get used for applications it wasnt intended for and not work properly, thus generating unnecessary returns.

as far as where to get it you would have to speak to you local car audio retailer. most of the stuff that is on ebay is not new product, it is stock that people are blowing out or they got from someone that was blowing them out. you have a better chance of getting them thru an actual authorized reseller. and technically they havent been released yet, so i can garantee that people on ebay dont have access to them yet. ;-)

·
Registered
7 Posts
yoda... ill trade you the old for the new :)

Or if you have access, ill buy it from ya because absolutely everywhere around here doesn't believe me. :lol:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what do you mean "the old one"?

and what is it you are having trouble finding and who are you checking with specificly?

·
Registered
7 Posts
talking about the 1725 harness (the one i have)...

All of my local car audio install places around here.

No Limit Customs
Best Buy
Ultimate Electronics
Audio Express

2 other customs shops ive also called... forget the name.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well both the kit and harness are literally less than a day old with CES having opened up at 10 am PST yesterday. :-D only the ones that went by the metra booth and saw them for themself yesterday would have known about them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ill have too look into this. I'm going to upgrade to a double din kenwood touchscreen or pioneer touchscreen here shortly. Gotta get with the times, my current deck is so out of style :p plus i think my subs rattles parts of it loose haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Could anyone guess when these will be available for retail? They are not even up on the Metra website yet, so I doubt retailers would have them for a while. Any ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ended up stopping by an installer last night to inquire if they could get this. They called me this morning and said Metra told them it would be another 3-4 weeks before we'll be able to get them. They're not even in Metra's system yet so they couldn't provide the cost.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does this work with the steering wheel volume control? I don't care about the other buttons, just the volume. (i have short hands haha)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does this work with the steering wheel volume control? I don't care about the other buttons, just the volume. (i have short hands haha)
You need the Axxess ASWC for that. it works much better than the others that are out there and will auto program to the car and radio (if your radio supports steering wheel controls).

·
Registered
12 Posts
You need the Axxess ASWC for that. it works much better than the others that are out there and will auto program to the car and radio (if your radio supports steering wheel controls).
That's the one I'm going to buy. Another nice thing about that module is that you can also reprogram what your steering wheel controls do...eg. vol up changed to next track, vol down to previous track.

Hey Yoda....can you score me one....I'm dying waiting for this thing to become available.:evil:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
here is the info sheet and the instructions for the products

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I called the installer again last Thursday to inquire about the part. I received a call back today but missed it. In the voicemail the installer stated he was in touch with Metra and they said they have not even begun production of these units?!?!?!

Any truth to that Yoda?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts