Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Kewl! I saw a meat box in Elk River a couple months ago. The E was set up for portable butchering with a trailer and everything. I couldn't get a picture at 65mph though.
I wish I had something cool to advertise on my E, would be cheaper than new paint.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hardly. Expect $3-12,000 for a printed wrap depending on quality and complexity.
this may be true, but i once heard of an advertising company that would wrap your car to advertise a certain company/product and would pay your car payments!!! I think the only catch was you had to drive a certain amount of miles a month or year. Is this true? Has anyone else heard of this? :confused:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
this may be true, but i once heard of an advertising company that would wrap your car to advertise a certain company/product and would pay your car payments!!! I think the only catch was you had to drive a certain amount of miles a month or year. Is this true? Has anyone else heard of this? :confused:
I remember those companies... All of which died off years ago for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
yeah my buddy has an sc and he paid like 2k just for the side and rear glass to all be done. that printing with uv resistant ink isnt cheap
Actually, the majority of the cost is labor. It takes up to an entire weekend to complete.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I remember those companies... All of which died off years ago for obvious reasons.
so it WAS true.... haha, i always wondered who the heck would want to do that to their new car anyways... :confused:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Hardly. Expect $3-12,000 for a printed wrap depending on quality and complexity.
Holy crap! For 12k do you get gold plating or what? Isn't there an economy version like those shrink wrap kits for Easter eggs? Just unroll it over your car and point the torpedo heater at it for a few minutes.:D

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
so it WAS true.... haha, i always wondered who the heck would want to do that to their new car anyways... :confused:
It causes no damage to the paint and generally they looked pretty neat. Hardly ever ugly designs.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Holy crap! For 12k do you get gold plating or what? Isn't there an economy version like those shrink wrap kits for Easter eggs? Just unroll it over your car and point the torpedo heater at it for a few minutes.:D
We have a single-color "paint alternative" that runs $1999 installed. That's ONE color though, usually used to change colors of the car.

For $12,000, extensive graphic design would be involved with a larger vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Actually, the majority of the cost is labor. It takes up to an entire weekend to complete.
Here-here! I have only done a rookie job on mostly flat areas, and a single color, it's not an easy task!!!

My question is how do the pro's get the rounded (convex) areas to come out looking so good? Heat guns? I'm planning to re-apply mine again this summer with better materials, and a more complete install.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Here-here! I have only done a rookie job on mostly flat areas, and a single color, it's not an easy task!!!

My question is how do the pro's get the rounded (convex) areas to come out looking so good? Heat guns? I'm planning to re-apply mine again this summer with better materials, and a more complete install.
Heat guns and patience. :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I've wondered that myself after seeing a couple VW Beetles and a PT Cruiser with full wraps.
Those cars are almost completely rounded panels with very little flat areas. I'm guessing you would have to have the patience of a monk and the skill of a Jedi.
$1999 doesn't sound too bad for a single color. Anyone know a good shop in Northern Minnesota?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I've wondered that myself after seeing a couple VW Beetles and a PT Cruiser with full wraps.
Those cars are almost completely rounded panels with very little flat areas. I'm guessing you would have to have the patience of a monk and the skill of a Jedi.
$1999 doesn't sound too bad for a single color. Anyone know a good shop in Northern Minnesota?
I can't say I do, but I have been asked to fly out to Southern California to do an install. :lol: I told them round trip flight and hotel stay and i'll go anywhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We are in KCMO and want to wrap my husband's 06 LX (Holly). Got an email from our graphics guy that says they (the vinyl folks) cannot wrap the plastic panels on our Holly. Any advise? Its not a full wrap, a partial. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts